Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was able to get my audio working again- I reapplied the MCU update, and was able to increase the gain under "Install Set" and have it actually save the new settings. Now it sounds great. Only issue I am still having with the PX6 is that my reverse parking sensors do not play through speakers. Music dims, backup camera shows on screen, but I don't get any beeps through speakers or IPC cluster.

What do you have the gain set to?

I'm still very nervous about apply patches. Seems like you just end up trading off one problem for another.

Gtibbot

Reaction score

I'm still very nervous about apply patches. Seems like you just end up trading off one problem for another.

Yep, I'm with you. I did not apply the MCU or firmware update they sent me a few days ago for fear of breaking something. I'm happy with the way the unit is functioning, the odd quirks are sometimes annoying, but worth the trade off.

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I applied the MCU, px6 would not install. I'm getting the same weirdness on occasion

Gopherboy128

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Gain set to 25. Seems to give my system the closest match between Sirius, FM radio, bluetooth and audio from any Phoenix-installed apps.

I installed the update, hoping, maybe, that it would fix my backup sensor audio not coming through- So now I have the latest MCU update, still no backup audio, but the rest works great.

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking forscan changes to my sync 3 may be some of the issue

Gopherboy128

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking forscan changes to my sync 3 may be some of the issue

I havent done any to my Sync 3 specifically, that I can recall. Going to tinker with it a little, and if that doesn't work, use Forscan to restore as-built and just force IPC and be done.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My backup audio is hit or miss

What do you guys mean by backup audio? Is there a mic on the outside of the truck I'm not aware of? Or do you mean the normal audio cuts off when you turn on the backup camera?

For me, music would cut out whenever the cameras were on screen. This was annoying in normal driving, and downright unacceptable when in one of the off road modes where camera comes on at low speeds. I found a setting that kept the music on always a while back. Can't remember exactly what it was.

Gopherboy128

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys mean by backup audio? Is there a mic on the outside of the truck I'm not aware of? Or do you mean the normal audio cuts off when you turn on the backup camera?

For me, music would cut out whenever the cameras were on screen. This was annoying in normal driving, and downright unacceptable when in one of the off road modes where camera comes on at low speeds. I found a setting that kept the music on always a while back. Can't remember exactly what it was.

My truck has reverse sensors, that beep faster and faster as you get closer to an object behind you, it also has sensors in the tail lights that detect cross traffic. Neither of these 2 systems can be heard in my truck now. Reverse camera comes on when in reverse, music either gets quieter or mutes completely, but you can back right into something, and there are no audible alerts.