Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gtibbot

Reaction score

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now it’s back. No idea why.

if you figure it out, please please share. That thing was ugly, but necessary before Nova, now it's absolutely an eye sore.

Seriously, I think Phoenix could charge a $100 more per tablet just by shipping these out with Nova instead of Index minus the upper icons.

Gtibbot

Reaction score
New issue. Upon initial startup of the day, my unit is freezing on this screenstuckscreen.jpg

The steering wheel controls work as does the heating/AC control, but the screen is unresponsive to touch and doing a reset doesn't help.

After a few minutes, unit will finally reboot and work as normal. This only happens if the truck hasn't been started for several hours.

Any ideas?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
New issue. Upon initial startup of the day, my unit is freezing on this screenView attachment 130832

The steering wheel controls work as does the heating/AC control, but the screen is unresponsive to touch and doing a reset doesn't help.

After a few minutes, unit will finally reboot and work as normal. This only happens if the truck hasn't been started for several hours.

Any ideas?

I actually had this same issue this morning. I did a reset and it went away. I actually keep a paper clip in the center counsel to do a refresh whenever the system gets hung up like this. This or some other issue seems to happen about once a week.

amp

Reaction score
New issue. Upon initial startup of the day, my unit is freezing on this screenView attachment 130832

Any ideas?

I've also had that happen occasionally. I usually just leave it alone, and the tablet seems to come back online after a minute or so. I'm not so sure it's triggered by how long the truck sits around because I've had it happen even when it was just half a day.

Gtibbot

Reaction score
I've also had that happen occasionally. I usually just leave it alone, and the tablet seems to come back online after a minute or so. I'm not so sure it's triggered by how long the truck sits around because I've had it happen even when it was just half a day.

I sent Phoenix an email describing the problem and they promptly answered:

MCU update: setting-system info- MCU-MCU upgrade
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hetvwl4wgjlll15/RL7A.bin?dl=0

download the below px6.zip file and input the file to the unit for direct upgrade.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jwm0mle91ph7oj/px6.zip?dl=0

Looks like the top one is the MCU upgrade, I sent a reply asking what the 2nd file was for.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone contacted them about a new Console app for the 10" sync screen? We can update to 3.4 which has the 10" themes so it would be cool to be able to get that working on this.

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, what fixes or improvements come with these? Is that with or without the new can bus.

Does anyone know what to tell them to get the new can bus?

I still have weirdness. Backup cam freezes, screen goes to odd screens, like "TV" randomly. I cant even find that screen!

I sent Phoenix an email describing the problem and they promptly answered:

MCU update: setting-system info- MCU-MCU upgrade
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hetvwl4wgjlll15/RL7A.bin?dl=0

download the below px6.zip file and input the file to the unit for direct upgrade.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jwm0mle91ph7oj/px6.zip?dl=0

Looks like the top one is the MCU upgrade, I sent a reply asking what the 2nd file was for.

Gtibbot

Reaction score
So, what fixes or improvements come with these? Is that with or without the new can bus.

Does anyone know what to tell them to get the new can bus?

I still have weirdness. Backup cam freezes, screen goes to odd screens, like "TV" randomly. I cant even find that screen!

I replied to their email requesting a change log of the MCU update and what the file in the 2nd link is. Have not heard back, I will let you know when they get back with me. I'm not going to install either until I have that info.

I'm not having any issues with my backup camera (fingers crossed), occasionally I will get the weird screen switch, mostly when I messing with you the unit, but never when driving and leaving it alone.

G.T.

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm mine does it when not being touched.

Sometimes cant get the "music" or pandora app to play any sound.

Also have 020 as my version, I see others on 27 or 28.