GEN 2 Performance on 37” Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tippydp

Reaction score
So I really like the look of 37” tires on the gen 2 but I’ve been looking for some real world info on the actual performance. Is there anyone that has 37’s on their gen 2 that’s ran them off road, in some sand, and/or light jumping and has some actual feedback on the effect from those size tires on performance? My biggest concern would be the desert runs and the overall possible damage on the suspension, axles, handling & speed. I appreciate how they run on road but off road is my real question as I do not want to take away from what the truck was made for and which I will do maybe 30-40% outta the year of driving her. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Tippydp

Reaction score
How so? And I ask that in earnest. I mean in terms of clearance I can see some advantage, but the speed? I’d imagine it would suffer some. This is a desert runner. And secondly I think overall I was concerned over the weight of 37’s and if that would mess up the suspension or even worse the axles. I take her out to the dunes quite frequently and I have to say ford built a bad a$$ truck. But man seeing it on 37’s looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk