What would be your power goals?

• 400+WHP

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • 600+WHP

Votes: 43 70.5%
  • 900+WHP

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocsteady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep but it’s a little too late, both of my builds shipped out already.
Cody, will you hear back on dyno numbers? If so, were either of them going to be dynoe'd before forced induction was introduced, or would that just be a waste of time as that's not what they were built to do?

OP
OP
Cody Dawson

Cody Dawson

Perfect Circle Engines
Reaction score
Cody, will you hear back on dyno numbers? If so, were either of them going to be dynoe'd before forced induction was introduced, or would that just be a waste of time as that's not what they were built to do?

both trucks already had whipples on them, I’ll get numbers after they are ran in the dyno but as far as all motor power goes, the same build would work decently for it.

Rocsteady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be thrilled with that. I think more than anything I just want more muscle in the exhaust note that comes with bigger hp. How would you rate the 6.2 as it comes from Ford, seeing that you've been up close and personal? It would appear to me, based on how they seem to last, that it's not exactly stressed at 411 hp.

What I'm saying is I've had Chevy small blocks that putting an intake, headers and even a plain jane cleanup of the heads net big hp gains where, for example, I remember having to spend thousands, header, cams, injectors, intake, exhaust etc, etc to get 35 hp more from my E36 M3 engine. I always chalked it up to closer tolerances on the BMW and more "rough edges to smooth on the small block Chevy" if that makes any sense.

OP
OP
Cody Dawson

Cody Dawson

Perfect Circle Engines
Reaction score
I'd be thrilled with that. I think more than anything I just want more muscle in the exhaust note that comes with bigger hp. How would you rate the 6.2 as it comes from Ford, seeing that you've been up close and personal? It would appear to me, based on how they seem to last, that it's not exactly stressed at 411 hp.

What I'm saying is I've had Chevy small blocks that putting an intake, headers and even a plain jane cleanup of the heads net big hp gains where, for example, I remember having to spend thousands, header, cams, injectors, intake, exhaust etc, etc to get 35 hp more from my E36 M3 engine. I always chalked it up to closer tolerances on the BMW and more "rough edges to smooth on the small block Chevy" if that makes any sense.

well I’m a ford guy all the way, love pushrod engines as well. However that’s where the Chevy loses to the modern OHC design. Just much better in terms of longevity when built right.