What would be your power goals?

• 400+WHP

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • 600+WHP

Votes: 43 70.5%
  • 900+WHP

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ah, thank you. I did see your next post about 500 at the flywheel being more easily obtainable. Drivetrain losses huge on the Gen 1 Raptor, from crank # to the wheel dyno #?

I too chased the info on the Raptor R engine build. I was interested in building a N/A engine like that.
Spoke to Greg Foutz who's shop built the Raptor R for Ford. He recalled the Ford Racing engine designer Rob Deneweth and Dan Millen from Livernois spec'd the Cams. Greg emailed Dan about my inquiry, and Dan replied to me. Dan said he helped on the first set, but did not know what spec Ford ended up with in the final version for the R. He did say they ran a stock short block, bigger injectors and an aggressive tune. Got 500HP at the crank if he remembered correctly.
The Livernois cam is designed around the cams that he helped Ford with and is what Ford Performance sold in the race catalog at one time.