What would be your power goals?

• 400+WHP

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • 600+WHP

Votes: 43 70.5%
  • 900+WHP

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocsteady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for following along, I’m not aware of the Raptor R engine build but as far as getting 500whp from the 6.2 just on the motor would require the custom cam and 12.1+ compression ratio. Along with many other variables. It wouldn’t be realistic for street use.
Ah, thank you. I did see your next post about 500 at the flywheel being more easily obtainable. Drivetrain losses huge on the Gen 1 Raptor, from crank # to the wheel dyno #?

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds about right on the drivetrain loss on these trucks. Mine is right at 25% loss based on where I believe the truck is at flywheel horsepower. (630-640).

Killer engine build Cody!

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thanks for following along, I’m not aware of the Raptor R engine build but as far as getting 500whp from the 6.2 just on the motor would require the custom cam and 12.1+ compression ratio. Along with many other variables. It wouldn’t be realistic for street use.

Edit-I must have had an old tab open and didn’t see other posts....

So is that assuming 15% driveline loss? Basically 625 at the crank naturally aspirated? What is a realistic street use horsepower number out of a naturally aspirated 6.2?

OP
OP
Cody Dawson

Cody Dawson

Perfect Circle Engines
Reaction score
Edit-I must have had an old tab open and didn’t see other posts....

So is that assuming 15% driveline loss? Basically 625 at the crank naturally aspirated? What is a realistic street use horsepower number out of a naturally aspirated 6.2?

I haven’t seen enough data to accurately guess that number. 625 at the crank would be tough to achieve on 93 octane. E85 is becoming a more available street fuel and allows you into the 14:1 CR area. These engines are heavy, I don’t know the RPM limits of the stock crank but to make big NA horsepower you need the RPM.