What would be your power goals?

• 400+WHP

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • 600+WHP

Votes: 43 70.5%
  • 900+WHP

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RICK ERICKSON

Reaction score
View attachment 135530 On to cylinder head work, measuring all components and prepping to order some new parts.
View attachment 135530 On to cylinder head work, measuring all components and prepping to order some new parts.
This set will be getting upgraded valve springs. Sticking with oem cams, no need for any other changes. Most of the improvement will come from the valve seat and throat area. Stay tuned
Very kool build Cody. I was told about your build from the turbo forums. I am also building a few personal 6.2 but turbo. I am just starting on cam hunting with only 1 co that has them but there dur is small for my liking and lift is ok. Looking into regrinding the stock cams with a smaller base should be able to get .600 lift av and dur around 220 @ .050 with a 115 lsa Have you done any regrinds like this ? Also thinking of lowering the rocker shafts to compensate for the smaller cam base and rocker geometry or shim the valve adj on rocker arms.

OP
OP
Cody Dawson

Cody Dawson

Perfect Circle Engines
Reaction score
Very kool build Cody. I was told about your build from the turbo forums. I am also building a few personal 6.2 but turbo. I am just starting on cam hunting with only 1 co that has them but there dur is small for my liking and lift is ok. Looking into regrinding the stock cams with a smaller base should be able to get .600 lift av and dur around 220 @ .050 with a 115 lsa Have you done any regrinds like this ? Also thinking of lowering the rocker shafts to compensate for the smaller cam base and rocker geometry or shim the valve adj on rocker arms.

Crower is working on a regrind for me as we speak, no gameplan as of yet. At the .600” range you will run into contacting the underside of the rocker arms and areas of the cylinder head with the cam lobes. Adjusting the rocker arms become tricky as well, I’ve pulled out the hyd lash adjusters but it’s tricky and they are easily damaged. Revising the rocker system to be adjustable would be a challenge.

OP
OP
Cody Dawson

Cody Dawson

Perfect Circle Engines
Reaction score

Crower is working on a regrind for me as we speak, no gameplan as of yet. At the .600” range you will run into contacting the underside of the rocker arms and areas of the cylinder head with the cam lobes. Adjusting the rocker arms become tricky as well, I’ve pulled out the hyd lash adjusters but it’s tricky and they are easily damaged.
Crower is working on a regrind for me as we speak, no gameplan as of yet. At the .600” range you will run into contacting the underside of the rocker arms and areas of the cylinder head with the cam lobes. Adjusting the rocker arms become tricky as well, I’ve pulled out the hyd lash adjusters but it’s tricky and they are easily damaged. Revising the rocker system to be adjustable would be a challenge.

A side note to that, these engines with high boost from a turbo won’t really need a high duration cam. Let the turbo do all the work, pound for pound it will already out perform the whipple.

RICK ERICKSON

Reaction score
Cody thanks for getting back to me. I just started talking with my cam grinder " Daniel " and he asked me to bring a loaded head so he can check them out before he grinds the cams. Oh I am installing these 6.2 in my personal vintage cars 60 T-bird & 50 Merc woody and plan to do a few others now I am semi retired. So tired of this LS this LS that & Coyote bla bla bla. I realy like the simple yet very effective designe of these engines. Back in the mid 90s I ran a blowen fuel PRV V6 in our sand dragsters & built a few for desert racers and i see alot of head & valve train design in common

Ford & Ford 027.jpg

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
Cody Dawson

Cody Dawson

Perfect Circle Engines
Reaction score
Cody thanks for getting back to me. I just started talking with my cam grinder " Daniel " and he asked me to bring a loaded head so he can check them out before he grinds the cams. Oh I am installing these 6.2 in my personal vintage cars 60 T-bird & 50 Merc woody and plan to do a few others now I am semi retired. So tired of this LS this LS that & Coyote bla bla bla. I realy like the simple yet very effective designe of these engines. Back in the mid 90s I ran a blowen fuel PRV V6 in our sand dragsters & built a few for desert racers and i see alot of head & valve train design in common

View attachment 142665

Cool builds, I too like the design of these engines. Trying to make them relevant!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter