Perch Mod Discussion

Mid perch or no?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just got mid perch today, big difference. Love it. Also found a truck shop here in Abilene that did it for $120. Ford place quoted $475, and they had to youtube the instructions. Our ford dealership here is a joke. Come to TRR in Bronte and go to Abilene to get mid perch.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I paid a lot less than $250 for mid perch with front end alignment. But on the lift, it took the guy maybe 30 minutes for both sides total.

I told him what to do based on the RPG video, and he got to work, done within 30 minutes. Setting up the equipment for the front end alignment took longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kimberly

Roush Off Road Package
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Alignment. Yes.

I truly believe in alignment. Having my vehicles aligned properly is a big deal. If the shop you use says it doesn't need it, great.. Sure is an easy way to prevent big problems later.... My Frame and Alignment shop J & M Frame in Alamogordo, did the mid perch and the alignment same time...

D

Deleted member 12951

Been trying to find a shop to do the mid perch where I live and not having the best of luck.

I called Firestone because they have a lifetime alignment for $169 so wanted to do that there as it is nationwide. I was talking to the manager about the mid perch and the youtube video. He said he would do it and then do the alignment.

Has anyone ever had Firestone do a mid perch?

Sent using Tapatalk

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let him watch the video or tell him how to do it, and he shouldn't have any trouble. It's very easy.

On a lift, it's not necessary to disconnect the tie rods or sway bar like they do in the video.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This guy needs mid perch:

ajy9ase5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the mid perch today. $470 at the local Ford Dealer. Raised the front end 1.5". Looks better and rides better...and I didn't think that was possible. There's also much less nose dive during braking. Worth every penny.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$470 is waaaay too high. Wow. I hope that included alignment and oil change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: