Perch Mod Discussion

Mid perch or no?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Looking at getting the mid perch done at TRR 2014. I thought you needed to get an alignment right away afterwards? If I do this, will get it done the first day at TRR, use it the whole time, of course and then have a 600 mile drive back home before getting an alignment done. Bad idea?

Flying_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at getting the mid perch done at TRR 2014. I thought you needed to get an alignment right away afterwards? If I do this, will get it done the first day at TRR, use it the whole time, of course and then have a 600 mile drive back home before getting an alignment done. Bad idea?

You don't have to get an alignment when you go to mid perch...assuming it was fine to begin with. When you go top perch than you have to worry bout camber and attempting to get it aligned lol. You'll be fine. I'd get it aligned afterwords for sure though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As expected, after going to mid perch, the toe was off on my truck. It had 3000 miles of highway use before perch adjustment.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I wouldn't get mid perch done at TRR and then drive 600 miles back home unless you really just want a reason for new wheels and tires hahah

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got my mid perch done at RPG last September. The pros there told me not to worry about the alignment right away and a thousand miles or so wouldn't hurt at all. I did get it done a few weeks later.

I couldn't tell a difference after the perch was done, except the ride height of course. You'll be fine for 600 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sb127

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Your alignment will be off more from beating on your truck at TRR than from the mid perch adjustment. I did mine in my garage, then drove it for 1000 miles or so before checking alignment and it was barely out of spec...not enough to worry about.

D

Deleted member 12951

Your alignment will be off more from beating on your truck at TRR than from the mid perch adjustment. I did mine in my garage, then drove it for 1000 miles or so before checking alignment and it was barely out of spec...not enough to worry about.

Brandon at TMX quoted $250 for the mid perch but asking if that price includes alignment or not. Is that price in line without alignment? He wants me to stop in Midland before TRR to get it done so I have time to get an immediate alignment. But I am thinking the same thing, TRR is going to knock it out of alignment again so why do it so soon.

D

Deleted member 12951

TMX now said $200 without alignment that they don't do that. Seems like a reasonable price but also because I am doing over $5k in mods with them too. Brandon said go to an alignment shop that offers Lifetime alignments like NTB or Firestone. That makes sense to me and just get it done after TRR.

Sent using Tapatalk