Change of springs vs mid perch mod for 37s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JT52423

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been planning on doing the mid perch mod and some work on the weld seams to fit 37s with outrub but now considering a shock rebuild and new springs such as geiser or eibach. It seems like gesiers with mid perch will fit 37s but may make the front higher then rear? I don't want to raise rear and dont want front sitting higher then rear so would do stock with mid perch and trim or geiser springs on low perch and trim if needed. Any recommendations on set up? Thanks.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
What year truck? What is the goal for running 37s? If Gen 2, you can't just put 37s on without a lift.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but Mid and top perch terms refer to Gen 1 shocks as they are adjustable but Gen 2 are not. So you either have perch collars set to a certain height or you have progressive springs such as Eibach or Geiser as replacements. Those are you options on the stock Gen 2 coil overs. Now you have the option of Adjustable coil overs such as King, Icon or Fox 3.0 Racing and they can be set to various heights.

Regardless, you need about 1.5" or more to clear 37s, and depending on wheel and tire setup, it will most likely rub a little on turn in. That is where the corner cut comes into play. I just cut mine the other day heavily around the pinch weld and next up is to hammer the upper pinch back for wheel tuck.

jakerjaker19

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but Mid and top perch terms refer to Gen 1 shocks as they are adjustable but Gen 2 are not. So you either have perch collars set to a certain height or you have progressive springs such as Eibach or Geiser as replacements. Those are you options on the stock Gen 2 coil overs. Now you have the option of Adjustable coil overs such as King, Icon or Fox 3.0 Racing and they can be set to various heights.

Regardless, you need about 1.5" or more to clear 37s, and depending on wheel and tire setup, it will most likely rub a little on turn in. That is where the corner cut comes into play. I just cut mine the other day heavily around the pinch weld and next up is to hammer the upper pinch back for wheel tuck.
Would love to see a photo of that corner cut when you're done with the project. Just if you have time to post it of course.