Pedal Commander! Awesomeness!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tretiak30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
Maybe i'll regret reviving this since it seems to have died down but i feel i need to relay my Pedal Commander experience.

I purchased my truck in late october and the Pedal Commander was the first thing i installed. I loved it and had no problems initially. About a month after that i installed a Corsa Extreme exhaust and began getting small backfires from the exhaust. The more i drove the more i was noticing that i was getting some type of poping at low speeds, like in city traffic and parking lots when coasting after acceleration. My setting was like a lot of others, "City +2", so it wasn't excessively "tuned". I disconnected the pedal commander after finally figuring out what the sound was i was hearing and i haven't had it happen since, over 100 miles ago.

I've had lots of cars with lots of tunes and this wasn't like some of the ppping and cracking you can get from a sports car after heavy acceleration, these were single, distinct, and noticeable pops after the engine had warmed.

heffneil

Reaction score
Got mine - can anyone tell me if I should wait a certain period for break in before installing on my new truck?

Pedal Commander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased my truck in late october and the Pedal Commander was the first thing i installed. I loved it and had no problems initially. About a month after that i installed a Corsa Extreme exhaust and began getting small backfires from the exhaust. The more i drove the more i was noticing that i was getting some type of poping at low speeds, like in city traffic and parking lots when coasting after acceleration. My setting was like a lot of others, "City +2", so it wasn't excessively "tuned". I disconnected the pedal commander after finally figuring out what the sound was i was hearing and i haven't had it happen since, over 100 miles ago.

I've had lots of cars with lots of tunes and this wasn't like some of the ppping and cracking you can get from a sports car after heavy acceleration, these were single, distinct, and noticeable pops after the engine had warmed.

Its no fault of the Pedal Commander. There are a hundred things that can cause a backfire, but a faster throttle signal to the throttle body isn't one of them. Low fuel pressure, clogged fuel filters, old fuel pumps, lean air-to-fuel ratio, bad tuning, deleted cats, etc.

I've had the same backfiring on my car since I deleted the primary cats. Nothing when I accelerate, but as soon as I let off the gas, it pops. Sometimes loud, sometimes barely noticeable, but its definitely related to the exhaust.

Maxcap

Reaction score
PC Installation

Anyone that installed PC have a tip or trick to easily remove the plug that is attached to the pedal. Definitely pulled up the red safety clasp, but for some reason the plug is super tight and I don't want to break by pulling or wiggling to hard. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

smoothie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone that installed PC have a tip or trick to easily remove the plug that is attached to the pedal. Definitely pulled up the red safety clasp, but for some reason the plug is super tight and I don't want to break by pulling or wiggling to hard. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.
I used a regular size flathead and put the shaft against the top of the gas pedal for leverage.

0-60 freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought my 18' raptor today, just ordered my level kit, wheels/tires, retrax bed cover, retractable boards, fog light kit, and pedal commander and chipwerks....i hope the last two were a good idea!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bevan11

Reaction score
I have a pedal commander for sale!

Took it off when I added the Whipple kit. Will sale for $199. Used for about 4 months and 3k miles. Works great!