Pedal Commander! Awesomeness!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you understand how the manufacturer/dealer relationship works, lol

Please tell me where I've done any of those things. I cleaned up a mess someone else started. If I didn't, none of you would ever see a Pedal Commander below $299.99

I'll wait.

Pretty sure you missed the point. I WILL NOT BE BUYING A PC strictly due to your handing of this situation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Pretty sure you missed the point. I WILL NOT BE BUYING A PC strictly due to your or your employees handing of this situation!

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Do you need to be a vendor if you are only posting to have a negative effect on sales??

Company posting about a product and pitching it. I'd say that's vendor territory. Doesn't matter how poorly it's pitched.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Price fixing much, unfortunately your little cartel you have going would be considered illegal under US antitrust laws. Yet another reason not to do business with these 3 companies.

It isn't "price fixing". MAP (minimum advertised pricing policies) are an industry standard in the aftermarket performance and upgrade business. Companies like Rigid, Vision X, ICON, FOX and many many others have minimum advertised prices that they require dealers to adhere to to maintain their authorized dealer status. Some companies will not honor a warranty claim if the customer cannot prove that they paid that MAP price when they originally purchased the products.

As for the assertion that this issue is a reason not to purchase from "these three companies.

1. SVC and Freedom Motorsports got into a pricing war. It got heated and became public. That was indeed handled wrong with unauthorized points to both companies by a sales manager at PC that is now no longer with their company as a result.

2. Pedal Commander did not actually authorize the "commandment" that we must sell at $299 period, that was a misunderstanding that arose from the unauthorized actions of that same sales manager.

3. That sales manager was also responsible for the different promotional codes on other forums offering different discounts to different forums.

4. Pedal Commander, has actually handled the issue on their end quite well. Making sure that SVC and Freedom know what they are authorized to do and how. SVC and Freedom have worked out our differences and come to a solution that is actually pretty good for everyone, including the forum members as a whole.

As for the way that PC has handled themselves in this thread, while I would handle some things differently, their attempt at being involved in the first place, trying at all to smooth things over is more than I have seen many other manufacturers do in a long time. The bed side manner may leave a little to be desired, but the slamming from forum members for what is essentially a misunderstanding is unwarranted. They are a business, in business to make a profit. As are all manufacturers out there with similar and larger markup profit margins. They offer a decent product at a reasonable price point and do indeed allow their authorized dealers to provide for discounts to their customers. They got to the bottom of what was happening and why and handled it, up front and in person so to speak. That speaks volumes to me. especially when I have seen companies, some of which have been vendors on this forum, that have had issues arise and never once tried to handle the issues in any way, much less putting themselves out there in the open and attracting the criticism I have seen in this thread.

In the end, it isn't price fixing and there definitely isn't anything illegal about it or against US antitrust laws. That is simply a wrong assessment.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know we love FRF drama but all I know is I love the product, got a decent deal and plan on enjoying it a long time. @Chris@FreedomMotorsports has always been good to me when I've ordered stuff over the years. Haven't dealt as much with @svc but I do have some of their products on my Raptor. Just glad we can get some insight and even ask questions about a product and get it answered. Stuff aired briefly in the forum was initially not the best idea but I thought it got cleaned up by the two vendors fairly quickly. PC didn't help but hey, I have their product and enjoy it but probably won't buy anymore.

Pedal Commander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chris! I know its painfully obvious that I am not someone who should be in customer service, haha. Years of people in the automotive community telling me to "get back in the kitchen" must have killed my patience :redface: and for that I apologize.

Once I saw one of my employees trying to do all of you guys wrong, I had to jump in exactly for the reasons you stated. Pedal Commander cares about our dealers and our end customers alike. I didn't want to stay quiet and hope for the best, I like to be involved and make sure things move in the right direction.

Now that I am confident the problem has been resolved, I'm just going to bow out here and let you and SVC take over (as was my original intention).

Everyone have a safe & great weekend! :driver:

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there has been a lot of overreaction in this thread. I am actually thankful to the manufacturer and both vendors for providing a level of transparency not often found with most companies. And frankly, the reactions here are why most vendors and manufacturers release zero information, which usually leases us frustrated. As a customer, would you rather know nothing?

Pricing and distribution discussions happen all the time with manufacturers, distributors and vendors, in all business. This is beyond normal. Go find a brand new iPhone listed as 20% off Apple's standard pricing. Anyone with kids? You guys notice that Bed, Bath & Beyond and BuyBuy Baby coupons now exclude pretty much every popular, quality vendor? Pricing controls and price fixing are not the same thing.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It isn't "price fixing". MAP (minimum advertised pricing policies) are an industry standard in the aftermarket performance and upgrade business. Companies like Rigid, Vision X, ICON, FOX and many many others have minimum advertised prices that they require dealers to adhere to to maintain their authorized dealer status. Some companies will not honor a warranty claim if the customer cannot prove that they paid that MAP price when they originally purchased the products.

In the end, it isn't price fixing and there definitely isn't anything illegal about it or against US antitrust laws. That is simply a wrong assessment.

So you have missed a key point here. MAP policies are perfectly legal, however they are only allowed to be used to control advertised price. This is very important, as it allows the retailer to conduct the sale of the product at any price point they want, including at a loss to themselves. Now what you (all 3 companies) have done here is probably a violation of the sherman act. One of you retailers got upset the the other was undercutting them on price, you went to power commander and asked them to enforce as minimum sale price (this is the part where you start price fixing and become subject to the antitrust laws). Power command agreed and started placing restrictions on sale price as well as advertised price (now they are also probably in violation).

Anyway none of this behaviour is in the consumers interest, which is why the antitrust laws exist.

Now if you wanted a legal way to do this, power commander would have raised its prices that it sells to you at to a point where it would be happy with any discounts you give as giving deeper discounts would result in the retailer making a loss. However this would push away retailers and result in more direct sales to power commander, and more profit.

If you don't believe me I encourage you to go consult your lawyers on the subject.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you have missed a key point here. MAP policies are perfectly legal, however they are only allowed to be used to control advertised price. This is very important, as it allows the retailer to conduct the sale of the product at any price point they want, including at a loss to themselves. Now what you (all 3 companies) have done here is probably a violation of the sherman act. One of you retailers got upset the the other was undercutting them on price, you went to power commander and asked them to enforce as minimum sale price (this is the part where you start price fixing and become subject to the antitrust laws). Power command agreed and started placing restrictions on sale price as well as advertised price (now they are also probably in violation).

Anyway none of this behaviour is in the consumers interest, which is why the antitrust laws exist.

Now if you wanted a legal way to do this, power commander would have raised its prices that it sells to you at to a point where it would be happy with any discounts you give as giving deeper discounts would result in the retailer making a loss. However this would push away retailers and result in more direct sales to power commander, and more profit.

If you don't believe me I encourage you to go consult your lawyers on the subject.

Actually, your understanding of what happened is off. There are many companies out there that state in their MAP policies that their MAP pricing is the minimum price to be sold for period. Many have gotten around the Sherman Act by changing the names of their policies so that instead of calling them "MAP Policies", they are now "Unilateral Pricing Policies". In those cases, the manufacturer can control the end sale price regardless of how the sale is made and MANY manufacturers do this and have done so for years. It is very common practice.

However, your understanding about what transpired between the three companies is askew as well. myself and SVC did not go to Power Commander and ask them to raise the Map policy price or enforce it. At first, we were just fine with our pricing war and were indeed selling at a discounted price. It was a former sales manager at Power Commander that called myself and SVC stating that they would be strictly enforcing their pricing policy as a unilateral pricing policy instead of just a general MAP policy. However, he did so without authorization from the powers that be at Pedal Commander and his actions caused the premature cancellation of the sale that Rick was promoting through Freedom here on the forum. BUT, Once Pedal Commander powers that be figured out what actually happened, they fired said sales manager for his actions, informed myself and SVC of the actual policy and what we are "authorized" to do with our sales as long as we maintained the "advertised pricing" at the same $299 as everyone else and then they attempted to try to explain to the forum what happened and what had been done. That same sales manager was also responsible for the pricing issues being promoted on other forums that members here found with a google search. So what they had was a sales manager overstepping his bounds causing as much if not more harm than the pricing war between myself and SVC.

That being said, the agreement between myself and SVC was merely to come to an amicable resolution of our differences that would benefit us and the FRF community as a whole while also remaining fair to other Pedal Commander dealers out there. This agreement is indeed beneficial to FRF members due to what we agreed upon and anyone that wants a Pedal Commander can now contact their vendor of choice to obtain one, receive a great deal on them and all is fine with the world again without the drama in open forum.

It is FAR from price fixing as mentioned.