Payload sticker and other observations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up my 35 AMB with 801a, beadlocks and no bedliner, no pano roof and no power tailgate/step. I thought I had seen some posts about payload but that could’ve been on Facebook or any other forums. Payload sticker on my truck is 1321 lbs for anyone wondering. I’ll have to look but I think my 2019 was like 1100 maybe at most.

I love the ride after lowering the tire pressure from 50-52 to 36f/34r. The rear seems more stable in turns when I hit a bump where the 2019 would get a bit more squirrelly. Love the adjustable exhaust and the option for a quiet start mode in the settings. The truck is super quiet when driving in quiet mode which will be nice for long trips. Interior is a huge step up and seats feel more comfortable in my limited driving so far. The passenger front seat cover is a bit loose or wrinkly so we will see how it looks after a few weeks in the heat. All in all a great upgrade that cost me $4600 for the truck, doc fee and incremental sales tax/registration after selling my 2019 to Vroom with 17k miles.

One note, I had a purchase order for MSRP plus $199 doc fee from Lou Fusz Ford. Got to the finance guy’s office yesterday with my 2 year old son in tote and they tell me the doc fee is now $350 as the state raised the cap to $500 on doc fees August 1st. He said my paperwork was from June and it’s now September and they “haven’t been selling as many vehicles.” The website still shows $199 doc fees on all new vehicles which I showed him. He blamed the company that manages the website and the disclaimer about errors are not binding. I was not happy but they wouldn’t budge as they said “we can sell this for more than MSRP today if you don’t buy it.” So I paid it and asked the guy if it’s really worth ruining a positive sales experience over $151 and risking a poor Ford customer service score or google review from me. He said his hands were tied as it came from the top, which I believe but still soured me after everything else going smoothly.

Overall I love the truck. Hope everyone waiting gets theirs soon.

Attachments

• 4F6B26ED-316D-40D6-8E6B-D45470CBE68E.jpeg
    4F6B26ED-316D-40D6-8E6B-D45470CBE68E.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 220
  • D9FEF33B-9782-4DB5-AE56-515F4F452324.jpeg
    D9FEF33B-9782-4DB5-AE56-515F4F452324.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 215
  • 189ABF8F-9215-4152-8244-D35393F8FA5B.jpeg
    189ABF8F-9215-4152-8244-D35393F8FA5B.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 214

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership I sold at had a $149 "vehicle recovery" sticker with a serial number added on every car we sold. It was so even if the finance guy doesn't sell a single product on his end he still makes $120 on the transaction. We got plenty of bad surveys based on that one issue after people start looking through their paperwork and can't figure out why they agreed to pay it.

Anytime someone demanded it be removed it was a hassle for us in sales, who got absolutely nothing from it but tanked on our survey. Bonuses were tied to our survey scores. Hated that dogshit.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up my 35 AMB with 801a, beadlocks and no bedliner, no pano roof and no power tailgate/step. I thought I had seen some posts about payload but that could’ve been on Facebook or any other forums. Payload sticker on my truck is 1321 lbs for anyone wondering. I’ll have to look but I think my 2019 was like 1100 maybe at most.

I love the ride after lowering the tire pressure from 50-52 to 36f/34r. The rear seems more stable in turns when I hit a bump where the 2019 would get a bit more squirrelly. Love the adjustable exhaust and the option for a quiet start mode in the settings. The truck is super quiet when driving in quiet mode which will be nice for long trips. Interior is a huge step up and seats feel more comfortable in my limited driving so far. The passenger front seat cover is a bit loose or wrinkly so we will see how it looks after a few weeks in the heat. All in all a great upgrade that cost me $4600 for the truck, doc fee and incremental sales tax/registration after selling my 2019 to Vroom with 17k miles.

One note, I had a purchase order for MSRP plus $199 doc fee from Lou Fusz Ford. Got to the finance guy’s office yesterday with my 2 year old son in tote and they tell me the doc fee is now $350 as the state raised the cap to $500 on doc fees August 1st. He said my paperwork was from June and it’s now September and they “haven’t been selling as many vehicles.” The website still shows $199 doc fees on all new vehicles which I showed him. He blamed the company that manages the website and the disclaimer about errors are not binding. I was not happy but they wouldn’t budge as they said “we can sell this for more than MSRP today if you don’t buy it.” So I paid it and asked the guy if it’s really worth ruining a positive sales experience over $151 and risking a poor Ford customer service score or google review from me. He said his hands were tied as it came from the top, which I believe but still soured me after everything else going smoothly.

Looks like a fantastic lot with plenty of space away from neighbors ... I’m jealous... nice truck ... though I just wasn’t a fan of the AMB when I saw it in person, glad you got yours!

OP
OP
J

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the color a lot. I do like the way it shows on the build and price better than in real life but I guess that’s what you get ordering without seeing it in real life. I’m sure it’ll be a ***** to keep clean but I’m in the monthly car wash plan so it’ll get run through frequently.

@honeybadger_zero - Yeah the lot is 3.5 acres and gives a bit of a buffer from neighbors and backs to 100 acres of woods and common ground that won’t be developed. Too hilly for my liking but we are all in at this point.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the color a lot. I do like the way it shows on the build and price better than in real life but I guess that’s what you get ordering without seeing it in real life. I’m sure it’ll be a ***** to keep clean but I’m in the monthly car wash plan so it’ll get run through frequently.

@honeybadger_zero - Yeah the lot is 3.5 acres and gives a bit of a buffer from neighbors and backs to 100 acres of woods and common ground that won’t be developed. Too hilly for my liking but we are all in at this point.
Very nice... yeah have a monthly car wash place here we use... though trying to decide if I want to take the extra time and just wash my self from time to time and save the cash... already have plenty of car wash supplies etc... and a new pressure washer I can hook up a foam cannon to help facilitate washes

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

Sounds like the truck will be worth it.

Please follow through on making public the extra, unexpected, undocumented fees.

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I would have nailed the guy on his contradiction... (see red quotes)

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership I sold at had a $149 "vehicle recovery" sticker with a serial number added on every car we sold. It was so even if the finance guy doesn't sell a single product on his end he still makes $120 on the transaction. We got plenty of bad surveys based on that one issue after people start looking through their paperwork and can't figure out why they agreed to pay it.

Anytime someone demanded it be removed it was a hassle for us in sales, who got absolutely nothing from it but tanked on our survey. Bonuses were tied to our survey scores. Hated that dogshit.
I'm guessing Price or Heritage...? Heritage has not been a favorable experience at any point in time for me (didn't buy from there), Price I've used for service and don't have any complaints - don't know about their sales dept. though.