Payload sticker and other observations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish these builders out in O’Fallon/Wentzville had lots like that! Been looking out there but I require good internet for my job so I need those subdivision-type neighborhoods where ATT and Spectrum run their infrastructure.

I know a guy who built a house right outside Whiteman AFB on his own lot. Spectrum told him $35k construction fee to run cable so he can purchase internet from them. So I don’t think getting my lot separately is a choice (spent all that money on a raptor lol)
I’m in Wildwood and hear you on the internet thing. My neighbor was pretty high up at Spectrum and tried to get them to come to us from an adjacent neighborhood. It was like $90,000 and there were only 14 houses or so that would benefit. Hard to get everyone on board for $5000 a piece so now our options are Wisper if you have a good line of site to their towers, 6 Mbps ATT DSL or Hughesnet. I can at least stream tv with Wisper but it’s not super fast like other providers, 15-20 Mbps down and 3-5 up.

Keep looking, you might find a lot that works if you are looking for a bit more land. Definitely not getting an acre+ in a McBride, Fisher, Pulte or Consort neighborhood though.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in Wildwood and hear you on the internet thing. My neighbor was pretty high up at Spectrum and tried to get them to come to us from an adjacent neighborhood. It was like $90,000 and there were only 14 houses or so that would benefit. Hard to get everyone on board for $5000 a piece so now our options are Wisper if you have a good line of site to their towers, 6 Mbps ATT DSL or Hughesnet. I can at least stream tv with Wisper but it’s not super fast like other providers, 15-20 Mbps down and 3-5 up.

Keep looking, you might find a lot that works if you are looking for a bit more land. Definitely not getting an acre+ in a McBride, Fisher, Pulte or Consort neighborhood though.
Completely not Raptor related, but I just got the T-Mobile 5G home internet. If you have good 5G coverage in your area, it would be an option to look at. I get much better speeds than I was getting on cable for less than half the price.

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completely not Raptor related, but I just got the T-Mobile 5G home internet. If you have good 5G coverage in your area, it would be an option to look at. I get much better speeds than I was getting on cable for less than half the price.
I wish those trash can-style routers were weather-proof. Would have been great in the backyard at my parent's house with 5 bars (Ramona, CA mountainous area...about a mile from a 5G tower). Inside the house it dropped to 3/5 bars and was not usable for Teams/Zoom calls.