Parking lights and dash will not turn off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Retired in TN

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I sold the OEM headlights shortly after installing the Morimotos. Interesting. I hope to know the culprit later next week. I will go back to stock if needed.

OP
OP
Retired in TN

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too many connectors to choose from, none of which I can get to easily. Great suggestion I will give to the dealer.

My peripheral headlight lights stay on, along with the tail light peripheral lights, the 3 amber lights just below the hood, the dash, the 20” front light bar background and the interior overhead lights. The headlight and light bar background lighting are wired to the 3 amber lights below the hood. I looked over a lot of Morimoto complaints and issues were limited to I inop headlights and headlights that stay on intermittently.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You have time. Idle hands and all.

get forscan and one of the handy obd2 adapters.
connect, save all your modules and pull codes.

I’m betting you’ve got a code or 3 stored and FORSCAN will let you clear them.
If you find codes and they seem to point to the lighting circuit, I’d be uneasy.

Gone are the days of a simple blown fuse for a Rap circuit, now everything is monitored and controlled by computers. I rather famously set a DTC and killed my external bed lights, 3rd brake light and I think the interior lights - the full list escapes me, but they clearly weren’t working, but there were no blown fuses. some internet sleuthing revealed I may have DTC’s set and sure enough.

Why you ask? because I was trying to save 15 minutes running wire from my b/d rear facing lights for a relay and instead tried to grab power from the bed lights. That wire was way too small. I thought there was only those lights but no... anyway, cleared the codes, ran the power for the relay and spent 1 hour and 15 minutes all in, instead of 15 minutes if I’d just run the home run to the battery.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Good advice, thank you! Admittedly I am apprehensive about getting into the control units.

The FORSCAN tutorial is written to be read by folks with more than two thumbs, more than one left hand, etc.

backup and reading modules = easy. Changing them is easy too but requires explicit actions. if you’re not trying to change anything, you won’t.

Like Cowboy told Ned Beatty in Deliverance:

“Don’t say anything, just DO it!"

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you are saying the interior dome lights stay on as well, my first thought would be a door trigger. maybe check all the doors and make sure that each one registers as open and close. all the lights that stay on are tied in the door circuit via the bcm. there could be a resistance issue with the new lights? but that seems to me as a less common issue, however the bcm could be reading the wrong resistance from those marker lights on the new headlights.