Parking lights and dash will not turn off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to pull the negative battery attachment to prevent a dead battery. I removed the Cobb V3 tune and the problem is still there. Very odd. Anyone have any suggestions? I have an appointment at Ford a week from today.

OP
OP
Retired in TN

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I don’t have ForScan, I would be all thumbs with that much firepower in hand. My Cobb uninstall cleared any codes during removal.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
maybe a silly question, you indicated you pulled the battery cable, did you reconnect and the problem is still there?

Any recent work besides tune on / tune off? I see a light bar in the profile pic. Are you triggering it or any other light via high beam on/off or low beam only?

Any modding or hacking of the factory harnesses?
Any disconnecting/reconnecting of harnesses?

OP
OP
Retired in TN

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I reconnected after a few minutes. Initially, the problem was gone. I opened / closed a door and the problem was right back, so I had to disconnect the negative attachment again.

The 20” light bar and Morimoto headlights were 2 months ago. Zero issues up until now.

OP
OP
Retired in TN

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than the Cobb tune (install 1 month ago, just uninstalled), the headlights / light bar install 2 months ago was the most recent mod.

OP
OP
Retired in TN

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My hunch is that somehow there is a sensor that thinks my drivers door remains open. It must be separate from the idiot light on the dash, or maybe the idiot light is out. I believe the interior lighting stays on too.