Parking in the garage not an option, what do you guys reccomend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRASIK_Cdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I have a build date and an approximate of when I'll get my new Raptor I'm starting to think of logistics. Mainly the fact this thing won't fit in my garage, and I'm wondering my best plan of action to keep it from getting stolen. I've looked into alarms, kill switches, VIN etching, etc. but at the end of the day if shit bag car thieves want it, all it takes is a tow truck and bam, it's cruising around in Mexico. So for those of you unable to park in a locked garage what do you guys do?

Not quite so true about the tow truck. I mentioned to someone a few days ago about the Ford-licensed Skyway SmartAlert system- basically a GPS tracking system that you can check anytime you want with a smartphone or computer.

It's got a ton of features, but in particular for the tow truck it has a setting called "Early Theft Detection" (not quite accurate in my opinion) in which your car is locked into place by GPS. If the car moves at all you can get a text, a call from a skyway operator to a few phone numbers, or both. If you report the car to the operator as stolen then they'll contact the local PD and start reporting it's location while you chase after your truck, tracking it's location live on your cell phone.

A good setting is make it so that you always get a text when the car is started. That covers you even if you're in the mall or restaurant or a game- if the car randomly starts no bueno. Also set the "Early Theft Detection" (especially at night). That way they hotwire it somehow = alarm. They winch it up on a flatbed = alarm.

There are other features too, like active tracking. You can watch your kids/buddies/wife/valet/mechanic on a Google Earth style map and it tells you the speed, etc, when the ignition turns on and off, etc. You can even set geographic zones to get alarms if the truck enters or leaves certain regions.

It's a Ford-licensed product, so it gets their thumbs up. It's not a foolproof system, but combined with a few other measures it gets the job done.

JRASIK_Cdub.....NOT a SmartAlert salesmen! :D