Finally happened. Truck got boosted..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MyRaptorLife

MyRaptorLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that! That sucks! My mother in law lives outside San Antonio and she had her 20 Raptor stolen and just as insurance was going to cut her the check for it the Highway Patrol on 35 caught it going north bound from the border. Tried to stop it and they ran, drove through a fence, got stuck and then ran. There was about 9 in the truck. And that was the worst thing that could have happened. Now insurance doesn't want to total the truck which I don't understand why. The truck is a wreck inside and out. Most every body panel has some kind of damage or paint messed up. Both bumpers are jacked too. But said truck value was 65k and the damage was 45k but had no frame damage so everything can be fixed. ETA on some parts is... no ETA. So she has a truck that is sitting waiting to be fixed and is paying monthly payments with no ETA to be repaired. Any ideas on what she could do? She owes 50ish on the truck. I said take the money from Insurance, pay the truck off, and walk away from it. She is going to spend more than that in monthly payments with it sitting and waiting to get fixed.

Oh man I am so sorry to hear about that. That was out biggest fear was THIS situation. Our truck got taken on the 30th of November around 2:15 pm. Insurance deemed it to be a total loss on the 9th of December and we just got the money today. Trucks was fully paid off so we got the who thing. They gave us 75K as a total so that was nice. Again I am so very sorry to hear about your mother in law. I would tell your mother in law to do whatever it takes to walk away. That truck now has a theft on the record so that tanks the value. Any future dealer or private part sale, that will be used against her. It's probably only worth 45 now with the theft branded.

Edit to add we also had Travellers Insurance. They were fantastic to work with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MyRaptorLife

MyRaptorLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, we got our settlement with the insurance. We are out of the Raptor game for now. Really really gonna miss the Raptor, and will forever until the time comes that we get another one. However we just picked up this, a '23 Platinum Powerboost as it fits what we need right now a little bit more. I am sure we will get another Raptor at some point but replacing the stolen one with another one just didn't seem that right.

Attachments

• IMG_0089.jpeg
    IMG_0089.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 21