Crossed owning a Raptor off the Bucket list a few days ago. Checking in from CO.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

COLORAP303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sure it doesn't have a leveling kit already? Kind of looks like it, but I could be wrong.
Welcome from a fellow Coloradan. This is THE vehicle to have here for sure. Little wide for some trails but those branch scratches can be buffed out. Haha

I got my 17’ in March and while I had a laundry list of mods I wanted to do, I really did nothing and I’m happy with it. As far as your programming garage door opener remember that I believe they still work when the truck isnt running. So I elect not to do it in case I leave my truck in the driveway and forget to lock it so one can’t open my garage door. As you know, crime in Colorado is now at the highest level in nearly 30 years.

I personally would change all fluids at 70,000. Drain and fill and filter on the transmission. No FLUSH

OP
OP
Win Seeker

Win Seeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@smurfslayer it’s got ko2s on it, they’re all at 33/34. Glad to know about the spare, I’ll keep that in mind. I was curious if I was suppose to rotate the spare in when rotating the tires but I’ll take that as a no.

In regards to the level… I think the stock rake is just ugly as hell. From the reviews I’ve read of the rpg leveling components though I’ll need to put more thought into it first. I wish there was a front shock setting like the gen 1s had that would just level it out without needing the collars.

OP
OP
Win Seeker

Win Seeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from a fellow Coloradan. This is THE vehicle to have here for sure. Little wide for some trails but those branch scratches can be buffed out. Haha

I got my 17’ in March and while I had a laundry list of mods I wanted to do, I really did nothing and I’m happy with it. As far as your programming garage door opener remember that I believe they still work when the truck isnt running. So I elect not to do it in case I leave my truck in the driveway and forget to lock it so one can’t open my garage door. As you know, crime in Colorado is now at the highest level in nearly 30 years.

I personally would change all fluids at 70,000. Drain and fill and filter on the transmission. No FLUSH
Hey, thanks for the welcome! One of the benefits of buying used is, I’m not scared to scratch it. One of my best memories is buffing our some scratches with my dad in the driveway.

Im originally from Albuquerque though, Colorado crime is child’s play in comparison. I see your point with the door opener though, appreciate the advice.

Any good 4x4 shops you recommend to work on the raptor, preferably south of Denver? I’m not sure I want to do my own shocks in the driveway yet.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the welcome! One of the benefits of buying used is, I’m not scared to scratch it. One of my best memories is buffing our some scratches with my dad in the driveway.

Im originally from Albuquerque though, Colorado crime is child’s play in comparison. I see your point with the door opener though, appreciate the advice.

Any good 4x4 shops you recommend to work on the raptor, preferably south of Denver? I’m not sure I want to do my own shocks in the driveway yet.
shocks are easy. if you need help let me know

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I may take you up on that. You said Thornton right? I don’t need new but it seems like all the rebuild programs are backed up or have a spotty rep, and it’s not that much cheaper than new ones from Tasca.
i have all the tools to do it. i did my own shock swap recently. im 3 miles east on 120th from 25