Finally happened. Truck got boosted..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see non stop on Facebook raptor groups about these trucks being stolen in San Antonio and Houston daily. Time to move if I had to worry day in and day out about my truck being stolen and never driving it because of that.

You probably saw me in one of those posts. The only reason I am here is because my wife and I are Active Duty and this is our current assignment! One year down...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah, you see more F series boosted in TX cities and hotels by the interstate because there’s a higher number of F series trucks in use in flyover country, but it’s a problem everywhere there enterprising vehicle thieves because it is so easy to get into one.

I have family who live it DC, for the last 20 years. They’ve had 7 vehicles stolen at last count, literally right outside their row house. Oh, and they’re LE.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm unfamiliar with the airtag..... and most modern tech as well. How often do you need to charge an airtag? What's the range and will it transmit a signal from within a building or from an underground parking structure? Can a thief detect an airtag on a car?

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm unfamiliar with the airtag..... and most modern tech as well. How often do you need to charge an airtag? What's the range and will it transmit a signal from within a building or from an underground parking structure? Can a thief detect an airtag on a car?
They say battery lasts about a year. Cell phones around will “ping” the AirTag location. Doesn’t use GPS but cellular location. Yes a thief can detect them so 2 hidden AirTags may help.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the air tag is something I’ve been wanting to do aswell. According to apple the battery will last almost a year before replacing. Every AirTag has an NFC chip inside it, and that chip is readable by Android phones and iPhones via Bluetooth. I think th3 range is like 250ft. Or so.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Forgot to say, drtbag thieves use AirTags to track vehicles also. Good place for them to hide one is in the trailer electrical socket.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
They say battery lasts about a year. Cell phones around will “ping” the AirTag location. Doesn’t use GPS but cellular location. Yes a thief can detect them so 2 hidden AirTags may help.

the air tag is something I’ve been wanting to do aswell. According to apple the battery will last almost a year before replacing. Every AirTag has an NFC chip inside it, and that chip is readable by Android phones and iPhones via Bluetooth. I think th3 range is like 250ft. Or so.

Well idk if i want one now if they’re easy to find hmm.

Sorry to hear that op :(

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You probably saw me in one of those posts. The only reason I am here is because my wife and I are Active Duty and this is our current assignment! One year down...
I’m in the AF and a buddy of mine went TDY to San Antonio in his F-150. Someone broke into his truck and stole everything including his golf clubs.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that! That sucks! My mother in law lives outside San Antonio and she had her 20 Raptor stolen and just as insurance was going to cut her the check for it the Highway Patrol on 35 caught it going north bound from the border. Tried to stop it and they ran, drove through a fence, got stuck and then ran. There was about 9 in the truck. And that was the worst thing that could have happened. Now insurance doesn't want to total the truck which I don't understand why. The truck is a wreck inside and out. Most every body panel has some kind of damage or paint messed up. Both bumpers are jacked too. But said truck value was 65k and the damage was 45k but had no frame damage so everything can be fixed. ETA on some parts is... no ETA. So she has a truck that is sitting waiting to be fixed and is paying monthly payments with no ETA to be repaired. Any ideas on what she could do? She owes 50ish on the truck. I said take the money from Insurance, pay the truck off, and walk away from it. She is going to spend more than that in monthly payments with it sitting and waiting to get fixed.

Attachments

• 20221125_112442.jpg
    20221125_112442.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 20221125_112753.jpg
    20221125_112753.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 20221125_112549.jpg
    20221125_112549.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 52