Parking brake self engaging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced the parking brake engaging by itself? Happened to me twice this weekend. Both times seemed to happen while in off-road mode under 10mph. Brake engaged and illuminated the dash light. Had to quickly reach down and disengage from the button. Really caught me off guard both times.

raptorzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened to me once when door was open but,
One time occurred when driving 15 mph downhill, it engaged and disengaged by itself and felt a tug , thought i broke something for a second

OP
OP
J

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened to me once when door was open but,
One time occurred when driving 15 mph downhill, it engaged and disengaged by itself and felt a tug , thought i broke something for a second
Ya, mine occurred during low speed too. Pretty startling when you’re not expecting it. Hopefully it never happens at speed, that could be really bad.

OP
OP
J

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I wonder if this was the cause of the parking brake activating. Will have to jump under the truck and have a look.

GDK

Reaction score
Mine just started doing it last week. It doesn't seem to care if you on level or incline. A pop-up message comes on the screen.
Was there an update recently that may have added this? I drive this Truck once every 30 days or so...