PAC Amp Pro and PX6 head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nomis88

Reaction score
Ive got a 2017 gen 2 w/ the Sony system. Im in the process of building out a new sound system and am curious if i need the Pac Amp Pro FD 21.

The PX6 has RCA connections that I could run straight to my new amp which seems like it would cut out the need for the Amp Pro. I still want to retain all sync 3 functions so if that requires using the amp pro then ill wire it in

additionally, is the DSP on the PX6 any good? I got a JL VXi amp with built in DSP but if the DSP in the PX6 works good enough i could switch up amps and save money

1709310948680.png

OP
OP
N

nomis88

Reaction score
to retain oem function you need a data module, or maintain the oem amp

im a little lost by your comment. Im not sure specificallly what the function of the amp pro is.

because my aftermarket HU has RCA connections i can connect the HU to my aftermarket amp and use the APH-FD01 harness to retain the OEM amp as well. Do i need the Amp-Pro to have the OEM amp and after market HU play nice together?

Last edited:

Wraith SRT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to look up the Px6 to see what it was...

My $.02 as I could not find (probably lazy to research) what pre-outs the Px6 has, so, if you want to avoid having to re-run all speaker wiring, the PAC would be the best option to integrate. It's plug-&-play, so yes, in order for them to play nice together, use it.

OP
OP
N

nomis88

Reaction score
got the answer. shout out to the guys at @SoundsGoodStereo, super thorough dudes with excellent customer service

long story short, the reason most people utilize the AmpPro is so they dont have to mess with forscan. If you have an aftermarket HU that has RCA connections you do not need the amp pro or the sony amp if you correctly forscan the amp out and connect the HU to the new amp.