Owners with 20 inch wheels.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oops, so I should not have replied to his off-topic comment?? [emoji53]

No man you do what you want!;) same as him and well everyone[emoji23]

Bored with the 17” or no way crowd when I need bigger better brakes more than I need a little more sidewall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No man you do what you want!;) same as him and well everyone[emoji23]

Bored with the 17” or no way crowd when I need bigger better brakes more than I need a little more sidewall

I went back and forth on the wheel size, but in the end I decided I like the ballon look of the 37s on 17s.

I really need better brakes, so I might have to go with the ones that fit the smaller wheels. I followed your thread and I like what you did to yours.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went back and forth on the wheel size, but in the end I decided I like the ballon look of the 37s on 17s.

I really need better brakes, so I might have to go with the ones that fit the smaller wheels. I followed your thread and I like what you did to yours.

20” with 37’s would be a nice option...:)

Whatever you do check with R1 and or Freedom Motorsport’s. I’m sure they can get the six piston to fit the 17” wheels. R1 include braided lines and will weigh far less than the Alcon as they use aluminum calipers and two piece rotor hats materials and weight savings you would expect for the money.

They are custom made so expect a six to eight week wait time. I had a problem with a ford fitting and I talked to one of their techs for about 20 minutes and he answered all of my questions. Even the sales guys were helpful.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Shaggy, we ran the truck on 20s and 35s at TRR without issue. Are 17s better for off-road, absolutely. Do you off-road enough to justify your decision to go from 17s to 20s? Ultimately, that's up to you.

That said, we also have a set of 17s on 35s as well. Switch back and forth depending on mood :D

The Alcon will fit the 20" wheels and we'd be happy to help get you a set. It will make a dramatic difference in your truck's stopping ability.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Alcon will fit the 20" wheels and we'd be happy to help get you a set. It will make a dramatic difference in your truck's stopping ability.

Did you mean Alcon has front and rear brakes for a 17" wheel? I did not go with 20"s on mine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
IMO there is still plenty of sidewall unless you're planning on really taking it to task out in the desert and airing down a ton.

Shaggy, do you still own S197? How come no link in your signature? You hate those guys don't you? lol

Nope, love the S197 site. :) Just been lazy and haven't added the link in. Don't feel bad, I also have www.shoforum.com, www.sn95forums.com, and a few others not even in the list. ;)

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5531F9FD-0748-4312-9E5F-B01A6FEB0834.jpeg 4FB5EA92-CADC-4CF8-B1B7-BDB0FAA468B1.jpeg

I went with the Vorsteiner VR-601’s and I think they are great. Not only do they look awesome, but they are lighter than stock 17” wheels.

Handling is no different than stock.

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow unbelievable! I just ordered the magnetic 2019. Those are the exact same Wheels that I was looking at, as well as I believe the five spoke. Was wondering what they would look like on the magnetic . That is the gunmetal correct? Beautiful Rig! Can you tell me the exact tire size you went with? Any power loss? Does it ride rougher? Mine is going to be driven on the street and on a dirt road to my ranch. I know everybody thinks 17’s belong on this truck. I get it. But the 20s just looks so damn good

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so the stock BFGoodrich tire weighs 63 lb’s, the 35/12.5r20 BFG weighs 66.8. Based on Ameration saying the Vorsteiner VR-601’s weighs less than stock wheel, could this setup weigh roughly the same? Or a bit less? Sidewall is still real damn good on the 20, could my ride be the same? Also no power loss? These are big concerns for me. Please shoot some holes in this and help me to understand it. Pretty new at this. With the exception of what I read on this site. My 19 is on order, and if this will work I will cancel the upgraded wheels and just go with the stock . He says I have about a week or so to make changes. Thanks a lot guys I’m learning a lot on this board