Owners with 20 inch wheels.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
So those that decided to go with the bigger wheels, how did your handling change? Hate the decision you made?

Also post pics of your Raptor on 20s.

D

Deleted member 12951

They are typically not doing any serious off-roading, so on the street not much change other than the occasional pot-hole.

I am curious to feel the change from going from 35’s to 37’s on 17” wheels.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are typically not doing any serious off-roading, so on the street not much change other than the occasional pot-hole.

I went to 37s on 17s last month. The steering is heavier and the brakes do not stop as quickly. I also added the MPT Tune at the same time which more than made up for any loss of power. The truck drives almost as good as stock with the Geisers/Deavers and the 37s makes the bumps on and off road feel smaller. I have not done any heavy off roading, but I suspect there will be rubbing if I go to full compression.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You sure provided him with some great insight into 20” wheels.

I don’t live in the dessert or remotely close no real chance of sending my truck. All my off-road is done in Midwest dirt/snow trails and some slow technical stuff that I don’t really enjoy. I also tow a boat and UTV’s.

I avoid potholes but can climb any curb at Starbucks with no worries of curb rash.

I don’t miss the 29.7mm or 1.17 inches of the 17” sidewall.....

I have deaver +2HD, SVC bump kit, RPG 1.5” collars and R1 BBK. The brakes are the main reason I chose 20” Rotiform wheels with 35” Nitto Ridge Grapplers. If the vorstein wheels were available I would have purchased them.

Handling is superb but I’m far from stock and have addressed all of my complaints. Nobody makes an acceptable 18 or 19” wheel and I will not give method any of my money after my experience with them on my 14 Raptor.

423280f390774d885d110b585fd42164.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
You sure provided him with some great insight into 20” wheels.

I don’t live in the dessert or remotely close no real chance of sending my truck. All my off-road is done in Midwest dirt/snow trails and some slow technical stuff that I don’t really enjoy. I also tow a boat and UTV’s.

I avoid potholes but can climb any curb at Starbucks with no worries of curb rash.

I don’t miss the 29.7mm or 1.17 inches of the 17” sidewall.....

I have deaver +2HD, SVC bump kit, RPG 1.5” collars and R1 BBK. The brakes are the main reason I chose 20” Rotiform wheels with 35” Nitto Ridge Grapplers. If the vorstein wheels were available I would have purchased them.

Handling is superb but I’m far from stock and have addressed all of my complaints. Nobody makes an acceptable 18 or 19” wheel and I will not give method any of my money after my experience with them on my 14 Raptor.

423280f390774d885d110b585fd42164.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What other mods did you do that you mentioned?

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That helped with your 20s. Raise the front end?

Yes I did but it’s not required as your overall tire diameter is pretty close. I went with 1.5” RPG collars and my truck has half an inch rake.

Nasty

Reaction score
IMO there is still plenty of sidewall unless you're planning on really taking it to task out in the desert and airing down a ton.

Shaggy, do you still own S197? How come no link in your signature? You hate those guys don't you? lol