Out with the old, in with the Roush!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mattyboy86

Mattyboy86

Reaction score
The whine is very subtle, I actually like the sound; you can hear it a lot more when pushing through deep sand thats when the spooling becomes noticeable. The exhaust is very throaty and sounds mean. As for power lag there isn't much, pretty much power on demand however, when in 6th and downshifting to accelerate above 75 is where I notice a very minor throttle delay.

Really the thing rips. If the tires are warm as well as the asphalt the torque causes the rear to hop on top of the payment rather than burn out. When everything is cold the tires break free easily and I can maintain the spin (advanced trac off). One of the features I enjoy the most is the transmission cooler. In southern Utah there is nothing but desert and deep sand. With my previous Raptor I would go into limp mode (after high tranny heat) within fiveish minutes of pushing hard through deep sand causing me to sit and wait for it to cool. I took the Roush out last weekend and mashed on it for 30+ minutes and never went to dangerous limp mode heat but did get to the yellow (caution) heat marker. The only thing id do in the future is put an even better tranny cooler on it and maybe some torsion stabilizers on the rear with thicker leafs and bump stops (I still can't believe ford only uses a three leaf on this type of truck). All in all I'm totally stoked about the truck!