Ordered June 1 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

droppinbombs

Reaction score
I went with this dealership because my brother is the lead diesel mechanic at the place. I feel like they gave me good price and fair trade in for my truck. Finally just heard back from him and he said nothing is available til about 2 weeks or so until ford picks it up. Whatever that means. Im trading in an 02 super duty 7.3 on 37's so i gues til then its just a waiting game. Hope this truck is all everyone says it is. I dont think i have the luck to get it as fast as 3 weeks though haha.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep ya head up bro, it happens to the best......the worst is yet to come, hide the credit cards buddy!

12' Race Red Raptor SCAB (Loaded to the max!)
SCABS are faster!!
08' SeaDoo RXP-X Clockin' 80GPS

OP
OP
D

droppinbombs

Reaction score
Yeah i can see what you mean. I had planned on just leaving the truck alone, possibly exhaust and tuner but than i see the things you all have done to yours and I can already see its going to be an expensive road ahead!!

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I've had a 7.3 f350 and 6.0 both had the weak spots taken care of and were great trucks but so far only2000 miles this truck is hands down the baddest **** I've ever had.
Once you get your order and dealer #s normal wait times are 3-6 weeks for vin and 3-6 for build.all depends on your dealer and allocation.if you like get the dealer# or just the dealer name and I can check order bank for you.

OP
OP
D

droppinbombs

Reaction score
That would be awesome if you could do that. The dealer name is Ramsey Ford in Rising Sun MD and the number is 410-658-4801. They said 8 weeks give or take so i was taking that as probably around 12 weeks. I loved my 7.3 with 400 horsepower and close to 800 ft/lb of torque. Just about pull anything down.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Sorry missed the part about dealer #. Guess im still waiting for that.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with this dealership because my brother is the lead diesel mechanic at the place. I feel like they gave me good price and fair trade in for my truck. Finally just heard back from him and he said nothing is available til about 2 weeks or so until ford picks it up. Whatever that means. Im trading in an 02 super duty 7.3 on 37's so i gues til then its just a waiting game. Hope this truck is all everyone says it is. I dont think i have the luck to get it as fast as 3 weeks though haha.

if you drive this truck home and you DONT have a raging semi and an ear to ear grin...... there may be something wrong with you....

and yeah... the leave it totally stock thing will pass.... esspecially around this damn place... lol i was gonna do some minor things like spray in bedliner and a hard tonno...... well about $3500 later i have a CAI, cut out, exhaust, lights and lightbar, all with the bed rug and BAKFlip i got too.... if i wasnt worried about warranty id have a tuner for sure and probably suspension upgrades in the works..... its a sickness man... an awesome, awesome sickness....

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a couple on the books there. what are some details order date,color,cab style?
i see a white crew and a few others.

Last edited:

c-ne-elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Did you ask your dealer how he stood on allocation? Allocation is EVERYTHING on timing for your order. If your dealer has no allocation, you won't be seeing your truck for a long, long, long time. If he has allocation, it will be from 8 - 12 weeks from when the order is accepted by Ford. My dealer had no allocation at the time of my order but was getting 3 slots, 3 weeks after my order. Just as he told me, 3 weeks after I placed my order with him, he gave me my DORA sheet, 2 weeks later my VIN# and from there I could start tracking it. From the day I ordered, it took me 12 weeks to get mine (9 weeks from the dealers allocation)
Find out FOR SURE that your dealer has allocation.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what he means by ford "picking it up" is when it gets scheduled. i just went through the same thing. i sold my ecoboost ordered the raptor about a month ago. mine is scheduled to be built the week of the 11th which is next week. They batch build these trucks. ford will wait until they have a couple orders (not sure if this is 10s of orders or 100s of orders) and build a whole slew of these on one day, then have a gap in the raptor production until the next batch of orders builds up. The way mine got scheduled quick is the dealer contacted the ford rep. not sure if this works every time, but it doesnt hurt. its getting late in the production year for a 2012, and if they dont schedule it soon you will end up waiting forever for a 2013.