New 2023 with 37's - need help with mod choices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone suggesting figuring out how much weight FIRST are the guys you need to be listening to. You have to know how much squat you've got coming before you can hope to "level" it. I'd not be haphazard with that data unless you like disappointment. Another thing you may need to explore is having to do a custom spring for your "unusual" goal. Rememeber, although people do it, this platform was not designed to carry a lot of weight and continue it's original intent per se.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great advice, Thank you for the replies. Below is what I'm planning to go with in terms of bed cover and bars for the RTT, and I'll go with an Ikamper Skycamp 3.0 Mini when camping.

Is this considered heavy for the direction I'm thinking of going? Thanks again for helping out.

View attachment 413500
That isn't an overly heavy setup. The 3.0 mini tent is 125 lbs., the crossbars will be maybe 7-10 lbs, and most bed covers are less than 50lbs I believe. It will be roughly the same weight as I carry in mine. I haven't done any collars or springs on mine. I personally didn't care for the ride my past raptors had with springs or collars. My truck with a loaded bed may be the slightest bit higher in the rear. Very slight. I can't stand a nose high truck, so I have been happy with the factory setup with my bed weight. I have gone camping, hunting, and backroads and never touched the bottom of the truck. Unless you are rock crawling, I don't think you'll have clearance issues. If you are crawling over rocks I can't picture how 1" more clearance will save the day to be honest.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"anyway, my next big decisions (purchase) is the leveling kit, rack/sleeping plan, Tonneau cover, and truck bed storage/organization options (and all the other accessories i need to get to have as much fun as possible)."
This made it sound to me his weight could add up quick... also people forget weight capacity includes driver/passengers and cabin storage.