Question on removing 37 graphics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2Bulls

Reaction score
After 16 months of waiting, I finally got assigned my VIN and a build date of June 15. This journey has not been easy; from my dealer not being upfront with men about the allocation process to the constant delays.
Somewhere along this process, the idiot BM at my dealer got my order screwed up and my truck is going to be built with the 37 graphics on it. I did not want this and they can not change it now once it is scheduled. Why? That is debatable, but it is what it is.
Question for anyone who knows about this sort of thing. What would be the best route to take once I get delivered to have the graphics removed? Should I allow the dealer to do it or send it to a professional? I am going to have it ceramic coated also.
Any suggestions will greatly appreciated folks.
Thanks to anyone who can guide me on this.

RollTigers

Reaction score
I ordered my 2023 code orange 37 package in mid October and received it May 8, 2023. I have to say other than the wait I’ve had a great experience. The dealership didn’t charge over MSRP and I got everything available to get on it including the graphics. I absolutely love my Raptor! Drives like a sedan regarding comfort. The gas mileage averages 17-19 combined hwy/city. I ceramic coated it this past week after watching countless YouTube videos and I went with Adams polishes.

It actually took less time to do than a regular paste wax. I tried it first on my wife’s Mach 1 in fighter jet gray and I was blown away. It is amazing on the Raptor. Save the money and do it yourself. It’s really super easy. I guess if you had an older vehicle with paint correction it would be a pain and take longer. I did a panel at a time. Put it on all the paint, glass, rubber and plastic. I even put it on my Tonneau Retrax bed cover and even made that pop. I use 3D tire dressing so I didn’t use it on the tires but I did on the rims.

Back to the graphics. I’ve wanted a Raptor since 2015. I wanted mine to stand out so I went with the orange and have zero regrets along with the graphics. It’s like everything else, some like it some hate it. If I had a bad experience with the dealership I’d get someone else to remove it. But my dealership was awesome. I also had the windshield and all the glass tinted to match legally since the first picture. Love it!IMG_7550.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7507.jpeg
    IMG_7507.jpeg
    383.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
You might like the graphics once you see it in person. If you don't and decide to have it removed, I would take it to a graphic shop not the dealership. It shouldn't cost very much to have them do it.

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let it sit out in the un and get good and warm, start at an edge and pull back at so as your peeling the back of the removed side is touching the unpeeled side. The residual sticky part was enough to stick to my fingers and pushing slightly against the body I kinda rolled it off. Came off in one sheet. What slight residue remained was easily removed with goo gone.

LOUSCRW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t have the dealer do it. Do it yourself, on Day 1 so there is no chance of paint fade. Taking delivery during the summer will make it easier.

GDK

Reaction score
We wanted our 37PP to be authentic with the Graphics. First thing we did upon delivery was to have the entire Truck wrapped with Xpel Stealth, even covering the rear Graphics and then Ceramic coating on the PPF.
You would not believe the number of folks that approach us asking how we ordered the custom paint job. All it takes is the spray of a hose to keep every inch of the Truck clean.
Would do PPF on my next vehicle over just Ceramic again...pretty expensive alternative and we will see how it holds up.

Attachments

• Front 1.jpg
    Front 1.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Rear 1.jpg
    Rear 1.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 40

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely let your detailer remove the graphics (if you do not like them). Your dealer has already proven themself incompetent so I would not let them do any more than they have to.