optima red top added

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Hey Bird, I don't know about the Napa's up there but down here we stopped carrying the Napa version and now only sell Optimas. See Napa is split into between the north GAP and the south GPC and they may still be carrying the other batteries. All ours have switched over in the past year or so. I myself just go with the Napa Legend battaries because they carry more CCA's than the others we have. A 7565(75 month group 65) has 880cca's to it vs the stock 650cca. And know I'm not trying to sell anything guys so don't ban me or punish me just letting Bird know what's going on with Napa now.

you're probably right. i had the battery in my jeep several years ago.

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What series Optima are you guys running ? I put in a series 34 yellow top with the side and top posts. This way if I add more shit latter I have a few more landing points on the battery .
CCA matches with Stock , foot print a little smaller. I did call Optima and they did not have a direct replacemnt listed yet for the 11 6.2's.
Sam's club for 162.00 . Every where else for the same battery was over 200.00

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another great battery to look into would be Odysey. I been running that battery on the seadoo and it holds it's charge for 2+ years before going dead. I literally never have a charger babysitting and after each ride the battery is still fully charged it seems.
Don't know

12' Race Red Raptor SCAB (Loaded to the max!)
SCABS are faster!!
08' SeaDoo RXP-X Clockin' 80+ GPS

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I popped an Optima Red Top in the Raptor last weekend. My stock battery was leaking acid everywhere..... basically the stock battery is a bad choice for a truck that's gonna see airtime, IMO.

I'm planning on adding a 2nd battery down the line to run all my accessories off of.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I popped an Optima Red Top in the Raptor last weekend. My stock battery was leaking acid everywhere..... basically the stock battery is a bad choice for a truck that's gonna see airtime, IMO.

I'm planning on adding a 2nd battery (Optima Yellow Top) down the line to run all my accessories off of.

Yep, I noticed after TRR my factory battery is beginning to show signs of damage from jumping.. Time to upgrade....

-Greg

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I've heard a few bad things about optima lately. Odyssey seems to be the way to go these days.

Boss327

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run a red top in my cobra and It's a good battery except if it sits for a period of time, it dies and never holds a charge again. At least it has a 2 year warranty so I just swap it out.

I'm interested in seeing how it holds up in a truck.