Opinions wanted, i need help deciding.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TO 8217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so i got a brand new 2019 straight of the truck a couple weeks ago and doing a few mods here and there. So far the truck has been PPF’ed and full ceramic coated then i put Rigid D series pro cubes in the bumper pockets which consist of 1 set midnight edition spot then in the middle SAE fog and on the far outside is the D series pro driving lights. Today my Rigid 360’s in spot amber back lit 6” were delivered and now i am waiting on the wiring harness. These will be mounted on the a pilars like so. I borrowed these shots from Rigid.

upload_2019-10-21_18-7-39.jpeg

upload_2019-10-21_18-8-33.jpeg

Trying to decide if i want inside grille light bar or not?

I also installed Icon level kit set at 1.5 with Black Rhino Oceano’s in matte bronze with 35 12.50 20”s
upload_2019-10-21_18-6-0.jpeg

upload_2019-10-21_18-6-40.jpeg

Next and here is where i would like you alls opinion, do i go with option # 1. CAI preferably A.F.E. Magnum force 2 ! or :
Option #2. My real addiction, carbon fiber hahaha. For now i was thinking hood air intake and side vents. Then in a few months the fender lips?
I have been speaking with one of the good venders on this forum and i just can’t decide? I think after that will be a set of Icon rear leaf or Divers.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn’t waste $$ on an intake doesn’t seem like it’s much of a performance gain at all & they’re expensive....plus some will throw codes. I would get a tune over an intake 100%

But if it’s intake vs carbon fiber since the intake is really aesthetic anyhow may as well go w/ carbon fiber since it’s something you’ll actually see & touch on a regular basis.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Trying to decide if i want inside grille light bar or not?

If you off road in failing, low or no light(darkness), then yes a behind the grille light will give you light at the headlight level, slightly higher to project further and with fewer obstructions. You could probably do it less expensive by going with pillar mounts and lights, or do both but...

Unless you’re using them, ask yourself how exactly they’ll improve the quality of your life and whether or not having them just to say you have them benefits you.

do i go with option # 1. CAI preferably A.F.E. Magnum force 2 ! or :
Option #2. My real addiction, carbon fiber hahaha. For now i was thinking hood air intake and side vents. Then in a few months the fender lips?

CAI is not really going to give you any benefit other than aesthetics. Unless you’re frequenting car show circuits, showing off the ultra-clean engine bay, I’d focus on other stuff.

If you’re that into carbon fiber - and, you don’t mind vehicles that sometimes just don’t start for unexplained reasons, and have a penchant for leaving you stranded, consider a Ducati motorcycle. You can buy carbon fiber for pretty much everything on a Duc ! Sure, it may not actually run when you want it to, but it sure will look good.

I’ll admit, the hood vent is sharp, but as I’m more likely to scuff these through off road use, I’d line-x or similarly coat the fenders if it came to that.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Well there is just to many opinions in here :facepalm: HAHAHAHAHA

Leaving it stock is an option. Other than the lights in the bumper, and that's a big maybe for me, other aftermarket lights look poser-ish to me. There's an opinion for ya. :^)

OP
OP
TO 8217

TO 8217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you off road in failing, low or no light(darkness), then yes a behind the grille light will give you light at the headlight level, slightly higher to project further and with fewer obstructions. You could probably do it less expensive by going with pillar mounts and lights, or do both but...

Unless you’re using them, ask yourself how exactly they’ll improve the quality of your life and whether or not having them just to say you have them benefits you.

CAI is not really going to give you any benefit other than aesthetics. Unless you’re frequenting car show circuits, showing off the ultra-clean engine bay, I’d focus on other stuff.

If you’re that into carbon fiber - and, you don’t mind vehicles that sometimes just don’t start for unexplained reasons, and have a penchant for leaving you stranded, consider a Ducati motorcycle. You can buy carbon fiber for pretty much everything on a Duc ! Sure, it may not actually run when you want it to, but it sure will look good.

I’ll admit, the hood vent is sharp, but as I’m more likely to scuff these through off road use, I’d line-x or similarly coat the fenders if it came to that.

Thanks fir the input, i decided to forgo the Carbon stuff for now and cancelled the CAI. I decided to finish the front lighting so all that will be complete. I ordered these brackets shown below and a Rigid RDS SR 40”.

upload_2019-10-24_14-26-44.png

upload_2019-10-24_14-27-39.jpeg

I don’t think i will need any more lighting HAHA!
My next purchase will be Deavers +3 i think.

OP
OP
TO 8217

TO 8217

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes sir I agree with you on both accounts here and i am skipping the CAI. I can never just leave things alone and love to modify things. It’s an addiction that i have never been able to break since being a kid modifying my bikes. Probably sounds dumb to most people but i love the research and instillation process.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You already received great advice on skipping the CAI, so I will leave it alone. ;)

I ran with two light bars on the inside of my Gen 1 grille for about 2 years before I moved them outside onto an ADD bumper. From my experience, I can say there was a LOT of light loss even though I lined them up exactly with the slots in my grille. For my Gen 2, I went with the Baja Designs curved light bar straight to an outside bumper mount. It throws a ton of light way down the road! :cool:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’d recommend the S8 behind the grille kit. The light will be about a foot higher.
Worth it IMO

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a general thought, but if you're modding just for the joy of modding (and I'm not knocking that), maybe slow down a little bit? Save some for later? Although there are tons of mods that can be done, it is finite and you'll eventually run out.