One Piece Solid Rear Window??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone swap the sliding rear window with a solid/one piece rear window? Any issues? I've never really cared for the sliding rear window. Looks or function. I didn't even realize mine was not working until I tried using it for the first time in years. So rather than chase down the issue I was thinking of swapping to a solid unit. Thoughts?

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I wouldn't think there would be any issue going with a full one-piece window. Just hope it's not one of those things that you only miss it once you don't have it. It might be worth the time to check out the issue if it turns out to be something simple. First place to look is the rear slider switch as mine failed and it was cheap and easy to replace.

OP
OP
Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd miss it. It's been years since I used it and I'd prefer the clean look.

I think the cable may have snapped or came unclipped. When I hit switch something is back there spinning. It might be a simple fix but I've always wanted the solid rear window. And who knows, maybe I could recoup some of the cost by selling the OEM rear slider window. It seems most people want the slider...

OP
OP
Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I can take it or leave on sliding rear windows. My wife had a 2008 Explorer Spot Trac that had a huge downward sliding window. That was pretty cool
The tiny one on the Raptor/F150 doesn't seem to serve a purpose.
I agree. If it was bigger that would be nice. I hope FordTechOne doesn't hear this but the Tundra rear window is awesome the way the whole thing rolls down. Or even the Nissan Titan that has the big middle window that rolls down. Not sure on the reliability of such windows but cool none the less.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can take it or leave on sliding rear windows. My wife had a 2008 Explorer Spot Trac that had a huge downward sliding window. That was pretty cool
The tiny one on the Raptor/F150 doesn't seem to serve a purpose.
One of the coolest features on vehicles. Take note ford. Toyota did.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I agree that it is best used when the other windows are down and also just by itself just for fresh air without a lot of road noise. The small window size is good because it is almost impossible for someone to crawl in if accidently left open.