One Piece Solid Rear Window??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I don't use mine much. When I do I generally forget to close it when I get home. I'm paranoid about a damn cat getting in doing whatever.

It is nice to have when a window is down or whatever and you are getting buffeted by the wind.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree. If it was bigger that would be nice. I hope FordTechOne doesn't hear this but the Tundra rear window is awesome the way the whole thing rolls down. Or even the Nissan Titan that has the big middle window that rolls down. Not sure on the reliability of such windows but cool none the less.
As long as you're not comparing Gen1 to his beloved Jen2, you're alright!

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always had the sliding window. Makes for a nice breeze and an extra option if i'm hauling long boards (of anything else that is too long for the 5.5' bed). I'm just wary using it now with rear defroster issue (contact wearing out)

NHbeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear slider provides quiet ventilation.
The rear slider lets you carry longer lumber...(don't launch thru the windshield)

On my 92 F150 I removed the rear window so I could crawl thru into the topper.
Was doing a lot of car camping.
Had a bladder between rear window and topper for a good seal.

My only complaint is that the slider is not large enough, to crawl thru, on the Raptor.

Last edited:

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve always considered the rear slider as one of the coolest features on my scab and totally adjustable for just the right amount of flow through ventilation. I have an open box and sometimes I’ll forget the accumulation of small leaves and plant matter back there and I’ll flood the cabin with it all when I take off. Drives the wife nuts.

Over the years I’ve gotten myself into the habit of never even thinking about touching the rear defrost button. Can’t remember but I think I maybe have already disconnected it anyhow.

Hate the way how the smaller cube shaped ones look on the newer trucks.

My 2019 lariat ranger fully loaded I drove it off the lot without even noticing practically the only option it didn’t have is a power rear window. Ridiculous. The power window on those trucks is rare from what I know or maybe wasn’t even available. But a much smaller window so can I live without it.