One Piece Solid Rear Window??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've thought about swapping mine if the slider fails or if the glass explodes from defrost- so I tend to notice the 09-14 trucks w/o a slider on the street.

From straight behind, they look good.

From an angle though, the sheer size of that flat piece of glass looks- cheap? Odd? Something. The way the slider portion breaks up the rear glass into 3 small pieces helps, but it also steps in and out depth-wise which helps break up that huge plane of space even more.

OP
OP
Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Went to a couple local glass shops and my to my buddies body shop to see what his glass guy says about the repair. Apparently the cable snapped and is bound up in the motor or regulator. I forget which one he mentioned. It's quite the job for the motor/regulator replacement. Approximately 6 hours plus parts since the window has to come for replacement. 12-1500 to keep the slider or $600 to go with a solid, heated OEM/Carlite rear window. At this point I might just buy a manual sliding window lock and call it a day lol. It's not like I use it.

I've seen some people on the F150 forum that were able to replace the motor without removing the glass but required drilling some holes in the cab to get to some screws.

OP
OP
Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Officially swapped to the solid rear window. As someone who never used the slider, I like it a lot. The visibility is really good as well. Not like the two bars or the thicker frame were a huge obstruction but not having them does make a difference. But now that I have a solid back window I need to get the d*uche sticker that says "Locally Hated" lol

1685034989492.png
1685035032904.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free