on board air compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, my thoughts exactly. The question is, what is the depth between the inner and exterior walls, because that is the only way I would consider using that technique.

You probably have an inch there or so. @The Car Stereo Company would have a better idea. He's done his fair share of stereo installs back there.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah it is way too loud to be inside. Mine is under the truck at the front of the bed and I can hear mine at idle easily. After that it starts to get drowned out by the full SW works exhaust

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rap67

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tank down!

run #1 at rise of the phoenix, there were two whoops back to back. i got up off the first, front tires hit the second, truck pitched up and the rear tires hit the second..and the tank came off. it was a couple of bumps with a lot of energy and I think, had i cleared the second it would have been fine..

but I thought I would post and let you know...

I wil be moving my tank to the cavity next to the frame but not because of this, my plan was always to put it in there once I got sliders and i have those now..

M

Attachments

• IMG_0616.jpg
    IMG_0616.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 77
OP
OP
rap67

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the nutsert in the bed side didn't hold to well?

Yukon Joe
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

not in this case but it was a rather intense wheel to wheel hop and there was a lot of force..the front end was going up fast and the back end was coming down hard when it hit the whoop. it wasnt a standard ride over, we got air off the first whoop and nose dived into the second.

knowing what I do know of how the truck landed off the final jump of the track, I am certain the tank would not have come off from regular ups and downs.

Last edited:

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's the compressor holding up? I am afraid the bed side sheet metal is too thin to hold the weight, consider the up/down force when offroading... after all the compressor is nearly 20lb already.