on board air compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^

So you actually mounted your compressor underneath also. I like this because your airhose runs aren't that long. How many and where did you mount the quick-disconnect(s)?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have one connection up front by my battery. if you look, there is a square hole and my connection is inside. i just pull it out when i need it and push it back in when im done

@Yukon Joe

Last edited:
OP
OP
rap67

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the under side mount...but have concerns about it getting hit with a rock or something else any of the days I'm off road... I've seen some sliders with protective plates that look great but thats running down the rabbit hole for me when all i wanted was an air tank mount

I decided to mount the tank the same way i did the compressor: with the nut-serts against the bed wall, passenger side. It'll take up a couple inches of bed space but not prevent me from carrying what i need during hunt season or off roading events.

as to the questions about air tools. we hooked up the 2.5 gal tank and ran the same impact wrench as before. we were able to spin off all lug nuts without unnecessary waiting and reinstall them the same way. running a stop and go air tool for jobs like changing a tire, this worked perfectly.

OP
OP
rap67

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
updates...

the Viair 2.5 gal tank is in and connected, I changed the connection hardware from the legacy red to the blue (pers preference) and got jiffy tite caps. I used the 2000 series caps, they were tight but went on and have stayed on since.

Attachments

• IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Assuming that in using this setup you still connect the air hose to the compressor, wouldn't it have made it easier to access it if the compressor was mounted back by the tailgate?

OP
OP
rap67

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming that in using this setup you still connect the air hose to the compressor, wouldn't it have made it easier to access it if the compressor was mounted back by the tailgate?

the compressor is connected to a T under the truck and from there i have a two hoses, one running to the front bumper and one to the rear and i have mounted a quick connect in each bumper. the compressor and tank are connected to the hose system with a quick connect so that if one of the hoses under the truck gets cut I can still easily connect to the compressor and tank.