Ok some one do a zero to 60 time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjmcb

Reaction score
The TFL video was in Pahrump, Nevada which google says is it 822m or 2700ft elevation. It was also 42*C or 107*F. All of which contribute to the poor 0-60.

Whilst turbo engines will drop off less power than a NA engine at elevation, this was a hot day and turbos don’t like heat.

I’m sure if you did this again at sea level on a cold day, you’d get much better results.

DANACO

Reaction score
Given it’s forced induction power should not drop from factory numbers at sea level much if at all. Benefit of the forced induction... don’t think sea level should make much difference
Completely not true that it won’t change much because it’s a turbo.

cjmcb

Reaction score
Interval numbers such as 35-75 etc are a much better comparison than 0-60 as these are what most of us feel day in day out. How many of us actually set up for a full launch from a stop light to do a 0-xx?! Not many.

Also, the rolling xx-xx puts a LOT less strain of transmissions and drive line parts.

I know a guy with a 900hp Audi RS6 who drag races and does a lot of standing start launches with it and he goes through a transmission every 2-3 months….expensive hobby.

dc1gator

Reaction score
My 2 cents that many will disagree with I’m sure:

I like fast as much as the next guy (or gal!) and I have a 2012 CTS-V coupe for that purpose. For me, the Raptor offered the perfect package of capability, performance, and as laughable as it is, fuel economy. When I was looking for a truck, I excluded the TRX because I had no need for 700+ hp in an overlander, and I just couldn’t get past the 10 (really 9) mpg in the city. Even with my tuned truck (Shelby Baja) I still get 12/15 consistently. I know it’s not a lot, but it’s a psychological line I couldn’t bring myself to cross. I’m not interested in the Raptor-R either. More power (literally!) to those of you who are.

Tl;dr: Raptor has the power to not feel like a heavy truck but not so much that it’s unruly or wasted. I just don’t need to go 0-60 in under 4 seconds off road.
I'm with you!

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO My GooseTune E50 tune hauls on the top end big time and I am waiting to run into a TRX. I am sure out of the hole the TRX would get me due to launch control but top end I would walk right past it. I need to purchase a Dragy and get some numbers.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completely not true that it won’t change much because it’s a turbo.

“Benefits Of Turbochargers at Elevation​

Turbocharging at elevation is an efficient way to minimize horsepower loss due to elevation and lower air density. At high elevations turbochargers compress more air into the engine cylinders making up for the lower air density allowing the engine to produce power as if it was at sea level. This extra tunability is found only in turbocharged applications.”

Excerpt from https://www.garrettmotion.com/news/...at-elevation-counteracting-lower-air-density/

I’ll leave it to you to argue with one of the largest manufacturers of turbos in the world

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO My GooseTune E50 tune hauls on the top end big time and I am waiting to run into a TRX. I am sure out of the hole the TRX would get me due to launch control but top end I would walk right past it. I need to purchase a Dragy and get some numbers.
Doubtful! TRX would not even need to use launch control! Especially hope you don’t run one that has lower pulley!

Last edited:

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded a 2020 well equipped Raptor on a 2021 Jeep Rubicon 392 order. Took delivery of my 392 on Friday July 2 and sales manager sent my son and I out on test ride in Black 2021 TRX. My Raptor had MPT 93 PRX tune along with trans tune and ran very strong with smooth, quick shifts. Raptor was a very good truck! Everything about the TRX was better to my son and I. TRX steers and handles better, rides better, more comfortable, much nicer interior, exhaust sounds much better and as strong as my tuned Raptor was, TRX was stronger and I was not even in Sport mode. So impressed with TRX that I ordered a Black 2022 the next day! In no hurry to get TRX though since I also have another 2021 Rubicon 392 and just want to enjoy both Jeep’s with my son. Excited for TRX though and hope it doesn’t come until at least December. The Rubicon 392 is a beast! Sounds like a race car! Sounds much better than TRX. The Rubicon 392’s are the real deal stock. They are much stronger than my tuned Raptor was!

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Interval numbers such as 35-75 etc are a much better comparison than 0-60 as these are what most of us feel day in day out. How many of us actually set up for a full launch from a stop light to do a 0-xx?! Not many.

Also, the rolling xx-xx puts a LOT less strain of transmissions and drive line parts.

I know a guy with a 900hp Audi RS6 who drag races and does a lot of standing start launches with it and he goes through a transmission every 2-3 months….expensive hobby.
Theres a good reason big power and/or heavy vehicles roll race. I haven’t used launch control once in the TRX but have mashed on it and everything is still holding up. Agree interval times are more useful and if your barometer is fast street cars (9 or 10 second 1/4 as an example), it won’t feel “fast.”

It is really engaging though