Ok some one do a zero to 60 time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean I guess so, but in my opinion there is no such thing as a fast truck, you’re going to be slow no matter what lugging around 3+ tons. It’s just not the purpose of that Raptor.
My Goosetuned Raptor (4.5 sec to 60mph) beats most cars, and all (until the TRX) trucks from a light. I’m not sure I get your “you’re going to be slow no matter what” comment.

FYI, acceleration is what has me in the early stages of TRX shopping, well that and the awful sound of the V6 in my Gen 2.

Dtsgli

Reaction score
Also interested in this - get your break-in miles complete and post up some successful times when possible.

RTG

Reaction score
0-60 is always a good way to measure speed, but what about 60-100? This is where things get interesting because it simulates passing on a two lane highway. Have we seen the 60-100 figures for a TRX or a 2nd/3rd Gen Raptor?
Great point. That is the best performance benchmark for a daily driver, at least for this highway traveler. Have read no such published data except for top gear excelloration which is worthless as the TRX will hit 100mph in third gear, not eighth gear. Closest independent stats I could find are 0-100mph from Car and Driver tests.

TRX 0-100 / 9.7 seconds
Raptor 0-100 / 15 seconds

Not a comparison the Raptor will win… Ford hasn’t tried to compete there, so no real surprise.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Goosetuned Raptor (4.5 sec to 60mph) beats most cars, and all (until the TRX) trucks from a light. I’m not sure I get your “you’re going to be slow no matter what” comment.

FYI, acceleration is what has me in the early stages of TRX shopping, well that and the awful sound of the V6 in my Gen 2.
The Raptor, especially a tuned one, is pretty damn quick for what it is. Mine is GooseTuned stage 2 as well, but it’s just not fast. Even the TRX with over 700hp is not fast. It gets out of its own way but in order for vehicles this heavy to actually be fast we need about 1500+hp, which is impractical and stupid.

I’m probably jaded after years of driving fast street cars, but I just don’t care about 0-60 times on a 3 ton off road truck, I’m much more interested in how the truck carries speed in the desert, i.e., suspension and weight distribution.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor, especially a tuned one, is pretty damn quick for what it is. Mine is GooseTuned stage 2 as well, but it’s just not fast. Even the TRX with over 700hp is not fast. It gets out of its own way but in order for vehicles this heavy to actually be fast we need about 1500+hp, which is impractical and stupid.

I’m probably jaded after years of driving fast street cars, but I just don’t care about 0-60 times on a 3 ton off road truck, I’m much more interested in how the truck carries speed in the desert, i.e., suspension and weight distribution.
I get what you’re saying. I’m being practical by saying a TRX is fast 0-60 because the chances of you losing to other street cars are pretty slim.

I personally like having something this big/luxurious/practical also be able to do 0-60 under 4 sec

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter