Ohio off road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
Drive that Rap out to NV and let it flourish in its natural habitat!!! I Kid...it's great to hear that Ohio is reppin Raptors and looking to off-road and not just put on 20" rims and drive to Starbucks! I do recommend experiencing driving your Raptor for what it was truly made to do...a lot of owners do the Raptor Assault but that is tamed down but I've heard it's still a good experience. Shred Ohio and good luck!

OP
OP
Michelleandrews

Michelleandrews

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Maybe I'll make the road trip. I'm always up for some fun and adventure. I wish ohio had some kind of off road park or trails
Drive that Rap out to NV and let it flourish in its natural habitat!!! I Kid...it's great to hear that Ohio is reppin Raptors and looking to off-road and not just put on 20" rims and drive to Starbucks! I do recommend experiencing driving your Raptor for what it was truly made to do...a lot of owners do the Raptor Assault but that is tamed down but I've heard it's still a good experience. Shred Ohio and good luck!

Last edited:

Erik

Reaction score
Silver Lake Sand dunes just up from you in Michigan makes for a very fun weekend..............nothing like this 70-100mph ripping though the desert though, I'm so jealous!

J. Wolfe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where is isilver lake at in Michigan? Are there places to stay or camp sites?
Silver Lake is north of Muskegon and south of Ludington on the west side of the lower peninsula. There is a nice state park and many private campgrounds and a couple of Motels. There are a lot of cottages that are available for renting as well. I just got back from there this afternoon, it's a fun place. You would need to purchase a flag for the front of your truck, and being from out of state you would need to purchase three stickers also. State park sticker an ORV sticker and a trail permit sticker.

Erik

Reaction score
Hi Michelle, here's the link to Silverlake below. It's over 2,000 acres and you can drive right down near the Lake Michigan shore.

Probably a lot closer to you would also be Haspin Acres and Attica (Badlands ORV Park) both in southern IN, more suited for quads, side by sides and rock crawlers but still a fun place to get the Raptors dirty!

https://thinkdunes.com/businesses/t...+dunes&utm_content=1597399x594243181480659902

Turbo s

Reaction score
Hi Michelle, Silver Lake is an easy 5-1/2 hour trip from Cleveland. I’m in Olmsted Falls and get up there 2 or 3 times a year. You’ll see everything from dirt bikes, ATV’s, UTV’s, sand rails to Jeeps & Trucks there. Lot of videos on YouTube to check it out.

TipsEZ

Reaction score
Michelle, I'm in Dublin (Central OH) and just picked up a '13 Raptor last week. I moved here from CA/AZ with my Jeep on 37s, so I've found a few places around here. That said, I've never really paid attention to the width as I had my Jeep set up to do front digs (it's a 4 door) and could pivot in tight places.

There is some county roads in Vinton county that I believe would be fun for the truck, they were rather boring in the Jeep. Also, there is a couple jamborees held by "Stillwell Stompers", about 1.5 hours NE of Columbus. I plan to try that out with the Raptor and if it looks too tight, I'll just go get the Jeep.

There is the Daniel Boon Backcountry By-Way in Kentucky that I'm also thinking will be a good Raptor proving ground. It is a 27 mile (I think) loop; I plan to do about half, then camp, then go do the other half.

There is Black Mountain OHV in Harlen (nearby), KY and also Slade, KY that should have some stuff the truck can do.

Finally, there is the Hatfield Mccoy trail system in WV that is loads of fun. Again, I'm not 100% sure on the width, but I believe there are some areas that the truck would fit.

If you get ready to go exploring, let me know. I'm anxious to go see what the Raptor can do and know that it will be much more mild than what I built the Jeep to do. I'm slowly moving some things over from the Jeep as I expect that I'll end up selling it and replacing it with a dedicated rock crawler (hate to sell the Jeep, but it's too nice to dedicate strictly to rocks and a trailer).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter