GEN 2 OEM Genuine Ford Parts Scalable Shock Security System Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I would be able to test this out. Once locked and armed the tailgate locks. I won’t be able to open and test it.

if I have the fob in pocket will it allow me to open the tailgate? Would have to see. But wouldn’t it disarm as well?

I’m not sure. If I have the (802A) fob in my pocket, I can open the tailgate but the doors do not unlock. The only thing holding me back from getting this is potentially all the false alarms going off from opening/closing the tailgate, which I normally do before I get into the truck.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure. If I have the (802A) fob in my pocket, I can open the tailgate but the doors do not unlock. The only thing holding me back from getting this is potentially all the false alarms going off from opening/closing the tailgate, which I normally do before I get into the truck.

The shock sensor disarms itself when the truck detects the fob. If I go out to my truck with it locked and do not have the fob with me, the tailgate will not open and any banging or vibrations will set the alarm off.

If I have the fob in my pocket, the tailgate will open and the shock sensor will temporarily disable. The rest of the alarm will remain active until you walk away from the truck. Then the shock sensor will auto arm again.

This is how it worked when I first got it. Just went outside and tested again so rest assured. The shock sensor is the best upgrade I’ve completed and gives me a completely new piece of mind when I’m parked at dinner or parked on a neighborhood street. Instead of just having interior motion and door jam alarm sensors, I now have a security web wrapped around the truck protecting it from all angles.

Oh, and it integrates with Ford pass so it will let you know when it detects anything. Even if it’s the initial warning honk, you get a notification.

Lastly, haven’t had any issues with false alarms. The module works flawlessly.

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if there was a way to distinguish if the Motion Sensor or Impact Sensor set off the alarm. Either through the app or with chirps/LED status. Ford is getting close to aftermarket systems but still so very far away.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if there was a way to distinguish if the Motion Sensor or Impact Sensor set off the alarm. Either through the app or with chirps/LED status. Ford is getting close to aftermarket systems but still so very far away.

That would be nice.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While in the parking garage I get notifications of the shock sensor was tripped through Fordpass. Now I can’t always tell if it was a warning beep or full alarm sounded for 30 secs. I have my shock sensor turned all the way to max sensitivity . I do this because if anyone lifts my door handle it will trigger a warning beep and that’s most important to me. If a train passes during the day and sets it off let it be. I want a possible intruder to know and be warned it has an alarm. I don’t have any false alarms at home or most any other place unless a very loud car, bike or train goes past. So it’s all good.

The alarm does beep for how many times it when off when I unlock the doors and open the truck. Along with the LED flashing at a high rate notifying me. It’s kind of redundant as I already know via FordPass in our case. But the shock sensor is a very nice add on. And as mentioned the truck is intelligent enough to know when the fob is in range and to disarm.

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While in the parking garage I get notifications of the shock sensor was tripped through Fordpass. Now I can’t always tell if it was a warning beep or full alarm sounded for 30 secs. I have my shock sensor turned all the way to max sensitivity . I do this because if anyone lifts my door handle it will trigger a warning beep and that’s most important to me. If a train passes during the day and sets it off let it be. I want a possible intruder to know and be warned it has an alarm. I don’t have any false alarms at home or most any other place unless a very loud car, bike or train goes past. So it’s all good.

The alarm does beep for how many times it when off when I unlock the doors and open the truck. Along with the LED flashing at a high rate notifying me. It’s kind of redundant as I already know via FordPass in our case. But the shock sensor is a very nice add on. And as mentioned the truck is intelligent enough to know when the fob is in range and to disarm.

But if your windows are up I bet you would be a lot more concerned if the app told you someone was moving around inside your vehicle as opposed to a false positive from a train passing by.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup I’d say so. I would imagine I would receive a message stating an intrusion has taken place. I have opened the door before and did get a message.

I have tossed around the idea of installing a front and rear dash cam that could transmit snapshots or allow live views of the truck. This would utilize the trucks hotspot.

But I haven’t gone there yet.

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup I’d say so. I would imagine I would receive a message stating an intrusion has taken place. I have opened the door before and did get a message.

I have tossed around the idea of installing a front and rear dash cam that could transmit snapshots or allow live views of the truck. This would utilize the trucks hotspot.

But I haven’t gone there yet.

I would like to see it take some snapshots using the onboard cameras in the event of an alarm.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like a Tesla and write them to a thumb drive in the car? Tesla is not even sending captured snapshots out during an alarm event to its owners.

I would personally love this feature and if it took activating my onboard hotspot to allow it, I’d do it in a heartbeat. Don’t know if any brand doing it however, but can’t imagine why if there sending them out from the vehicle on your dime.

ShadowRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the KN1Z-19A361-A on my 20 with 802a.
No issues if you follow the instructions,
and make sure you disconnect neg terminal before install.
My remote start and ford pass app works as it should.
I did not get the bracket. Instead, I used heavy duty velcro
and mounted it on the flat side of an existing module and use zip
ties to secure it and the wire harness.
Note: the box has the correct part number(like above) but the actual module has different part# (see pic)
I believe this maybe the latest revision?

D254BD15-3CC5-43BA-8701-6CBAA940AD13.jpeg

52164B7E-7BF9-4D2F-AE54-9D47882B97D0.jpeg

59A569F8-4E7E-4BFC-96F6-D8FC28A92C8A.jpeg

F6ADB40B-12B1-4E2E-8D3A-29E94B676A74.jpeg

Last edited: