Odd warning message (red exclamation on Sync screen + Advancetrak/ABS dash warnings))

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed Fox bypass shocks, UCA's and tie rods this weekend and am now getting an odd intermittent red exclamation over a small truck icon on the Sync screen as well as the "more common" dash popups about Advancetrak/ABS/Hill Descent errors.

I can't find ANYTHING on the red exclamation error - any tips? And what'st the best way to address the Advancetrak/ABS errors?

Red Exclamation Error.jpg

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Double check all of your work. Did you have to disconnect any of the wheel speed sensor harnesses or wheel speed sensors? If so, verify that they are all fully plugged in and secure. If not, inspect for any damage that may have occurred to the harnesses and/or connectors from having the suspension disassembled. Sometimes unplugging and reconnecting a sensor or harness connector can resolve an intermittent connection issue (terminal fretting, connector not fully seated, etc.) Beyond that you will need to have the DTCs read to find out what's going on. The warning message on the Sync screen is most likely the result of the DTCs that are setting.

OP
OP
BBLV

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was careful not to put any strain on the three lines running down the spindle, but I'll double check that nothing pulled out.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah sounds like it could be a wheel speed sensor possibly. How much tension was on the sensor wire? Do you have a code reader?

OP
OP
BBLV

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah sounds like it could be a wheel speed sensor possibly. How much tension was on the sensor wire? Do you have a code reader?
Just minor tension while re-positioning the wire to swing the spindle out of the way, but I read that they can be finicky so I was very careful to minimize any tugging on the wire.

I'll fire up Forscan tonight and see exactly what codes it's throwing. It still drove just fine when I was dropping it off for an alignment this morning, but don't want to venture too far from home until it's resolved.

OP
OP
BBLV

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were you able to get it resolved?
Local dealer wanted $90+tax and had to order anyway, so I just ordered the wheel sensor from Tasca. I'll update this thread when resolved.

No obvious visual issues with any of the wheel speed sensors, their wiring or plugs, by the way.

OP
OP
BBLV

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were you able to get it resolved?
Just swapped out the front left wheel speed sensor and the error messages disappeared. As soon as I got the original sensor off of the truck it was obvious that there was a problem. Impossible for this to happen from a light tug, but the light tug likely finished the job that some serious road debris presumably started.

While I was in there, I also pulled the liners and fender flares to "massage" some more clearance for my 37's that had a little rub. Successful NYE afternoon, time to grab some cold beers!

7C0FB628-D41D-434C-B89E-668578D34D51.jpeg