Squirrels.....Game On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Squirrels ate my cable tv outside cable 3 times,ate holloween pumpkins something made a nest in my vette wires eaten , chipmunk I think.had enough. Got me a female cat PROBLEM SOLVED and she’s way cheaper than uncovered repairs,Raptor lives outside cats always on patrol,haven’t seen a squirrel in a long time, last week saw the cat playing with a chipmunk

shakenbake

Reaction score
two thoughts.

how much is squirrel hp compared to legit hp. would be awesome to have a 5000shp truck.

secondly - throw some hot sauce in there. shouldn't do anything to your truck. couple dabs of industrial capsicum should do the trick. coyote ***** works too - but your truck will stink. just my .02

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a ridiculous Blackbird problem once. These birds were taking birdsh*t out of the nest & placing it systematically all along the outside perimeter of my hot tub cover. I tried a pellet rifle & many other things, but finally what worked was placing one of those Home Depot rotating head owls on the deck above the hot tub. Then they were gone. I don't know how smart squirrels are, but maybe some sort of animal/predator decoy could help? Good luck!!

LMAO...I got 2 of them on my porch...I'll send ya a photo next time the Squirrels are eating their nuts right NEXT to them...and the little F*#(@ dont even share....
Yeah,sorry to say,those twisting Owls do not keep squirrels away...only a Trap, .22,or Poison will do it...

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leave the hood up, that will stop him. They are looking for someplace warm and out of the wind. I live on 2.5 acres and we have problems with packrats, they chewed through the wiring harness on our new ATV, and our diesel tractor/mower, (parked in carport) started leaving the hood open on the tractor solved that problem...had to move the ATV into the new shop building to keep them away.

VelociRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not true, ALL auto/boat/bike makers have been forced to switch over to new eco-friendly insulation that many animals enjoy. I've been lucky with not having any squirrel damage in many years. Once in a while the mice will get into fuse boxes and make a mess, but that's a lot easier to deal with than chewed off wires.

My local coyote and fox population have mostly eliminated squirrels and groundhogs in my area. I used to be able to regularly shoot 50 or 60 groundhogs a year, this past year I only got a dozen. It sucks for me because I got to feed them to a local eagle population, which is always awesome to have visit.

View attachment 134408

Still, if rodents attracts to this than the manufacturer need to provide life time warranties for everything made of soy or stop making it using soy.

OP
OP
J

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dealer has most of the damage repaired, waiting for the final part to be delivered Monday. Tally today is -3.

I have 4 traps working over the weekend, the Squirrelinator arrived today.

I believe I've actually spotted the offending squirrel which I have un-affectionately named Rudolph. There is one squirrel hanging out in the area with a red/bloody nose that I've spotted through the binoculars, I suspect that's a result of gnawing on my wires and gnawing so many of my Red-tip plants in such a short time.

I goal is to absolutely ruin Christmas. Sorry Santa,

More to come.

VelociRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer has most of the damage repaired, waiting for the final part to be delivered Monday. Tally today is -3.

I have 4 traps working over the weekend, the Squirrelinator arrived today.

I believe I've actually spotted the offending squirrel which I have un-affectionately named Rudolph. There is one squirrel hanging out in the area with a red/bloody nose that I've spotted through the binoculars, I suspect that's a result of gnawing on my wires and gnawing so many of my Red-tip plants in such a short time.

I goal is to absolutely ruin Christmas. Sorry Santa,

More to come.

Good luck man! Hope you kill’em all and feed their babies to the eagles.