Sync screen and computer crash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nicedrms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after a day of 30 degree hill climbs, descents and some awesome high speed off roading, I went to a self car wash to spray off the truck. I used the high pressure water to spray off the truck and the undercarriage, being carefully not to hit the underside to hard so I wouldn't get water in anything I shouldn't.

We'll went to start the truck after the wash and the nav/tv screen started to cut in and out. It would turn black then come back on, then what looked like a windows error message or something popped up for a half second and went away. (Didn't get a chance to read it). Then it shut down all together. I was driving at this point, next thing the sync logo comes on with a load progress bar, it tells me that the system is performing a system update/self test or something like that, After several minutes everything came back on.

It's like the computer had a hard shut down and reboot, I was wondering if anyone has had this problem, the truck only has 1,100 miles on it, it's still a baby....

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That happens. Do you have the updated version from syncmyride.com?

It had nothing to do with your offroading. Mine would do it just because the iPod froze.

Soldier64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has done this on a couple occasions. I took it to the dealer because I have a warranty and that's what they are for. The service advisor I had came out and reset the Sync system by going into the setting. (Sorry I don't remember the exact steps.) He reset it to factory settings. I had to reload everything back into it, but I haven't had the issue since.

Hope that helps you.

OP
OP
N

Nicedrms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's up to date. It was just built on May 7th 2014 so I assume it's the current version.........

Yeh thanks, anything helps. I'll call the dlr tomorrow and see what they can doo.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's up to date. It was just built on May 7th 2014 so I assume it's the current version.........

Yeh thanks, anything helps. I'll call the dlr tomorrow and see what they can doo.

Hi, Nicedrms -

The latest software version for vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch is 3.6.2. This was released in August, 2013.

To see what is installed in your truck, check the CCPU number by selecting the settings (gears) > HELP > SYSTEM INFORMATION

• 12285 indicates 3.5.1
  • 13171 indicated 3.6.2

Let me know what you see.

Jaclyn

Casey55

Reaction score
I had this problem and the dealer that was near me had no idea how to fix it. I had to find something else that will solve the problem and my luck was that my laptop kept crashing on me for some reason. I could not perform a simple search on google. My friend solved that problem for me he told me to go on my phone on https://thinkmobiles.com/blog/best-pc-optimization-software and choose one of the optimization tools there. I did not believe much in it so I have chosen the cheapest one and It did something on my laptop, I am not sure what, but it got it to work properly. After that I found a new dealer who dealt with my car problem easily.

Last edited: