GEN 1 Odd noise on acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DLaughlin

Reaction score
Good evening fellow Gen1 owners,

I have been experiencing an odd noise when under heavy throttle. Not sure how to describe this noise. I am posting a yt link to a vehicle with the exact noise I am describing. Not my vehicle but the tone, duration, and operating conditions are same. Would love input if some has anything. I am stuck between iwe check valves leaking or possible bad torque converter.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Could be an IWE issue, that doesn’t automatically mean it’s the check valve though. Try engaging 4WD (only when driving straight, Gen 1 is a part time system) and see if the noise goes away. If so, suspect an IWE related issue.

Raptupkiwi

Reaction score
Newbie here and hello from New Zealand I have a 2014 scab with only 31000 miles on lt and i have the exact same noise but it only ever does it when the trans changes down to 3rd from 4th and only occasionly. Usually does it when driving into town through the hills that have lots of tight bends from where i live and once on open road it doesn't do it again. I am thinking it's a transmission problem as it only ever does it as explained above but would appreciate some feedback..... FRF ROCKS

Folive123

Reaction score
Newbie here and hello from New Zealand I have a 2014 scab with only 31000 miles on lt and i have the exact same noise but it only ever does it when the trans changes down to 3rd from 4th and only occasionly. Usually does it when driving into town through the hills that have lots of tight bends from where i live and once on open road it doesn't do it again. I am thinking it's a transmission problem as it only ever does it as explained above but would appreciate some feedback..... FRF ROCKS
My truck is doing exactly the same thing , would you able to fix the problem?