2020 SCREW on the lot that bucks/clunks. Should I buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would test drive another one in Normal and Sport mode to see if you feel the same thing. I drove several before buying mine in 2018 and none of them experienced this issue.

Fastback89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember test driving my Raptor with about 10 miles on it, it was smooth as silk and has never banged or ****** in any way. I would not buy that one

Kirt Breaux

Reaction score
I just bought a 2020 Screw as well. It bucks when i put in reverse and then back to drive. I read the manual and it says that’s normal until the adaptive transmission system learns your driving habits. I bought it with 50 miles on it. I know have 2600 and the bucking is much weaker. I hope that helps

OP
OP
BrantW

BrantW

Reaction score
I just bought a 2020 Screw as well. It bucks when i put in reverse and then back to drive. I read the manual and it says that’s normal until the adaptive transmission system learns your driving habits. I bought it with 50 miles on it. I know have 2600 and the bucking is much weaker. I hope that helps

Does the bucking ever occur under hard acceleration for you?

Kirt Breaux

Reaction score
Does the bucking ever occur under hard acceleration for you?
I’ve ran it up to 108mph in normal, sport, and Baja 2wd. From a dead stop to floored, The torque is a beast and it will buck off the line. It does shift hard and buck in each of the modes when I’m wide open. In Normal automatic driving, it would shift hard at first but I think the tranny is learning because it’s getting a lot smoother. In normal manual driving, it still shifts hard but I think that’s more of a result of me not timing the shift correctly.

This transmission will pull and pull a lot in each gear. If you accelerate hard (like floor it) you will feel it buck. The torque wants to spin the tires fast. These tires are awesome because they just grip and run. It’s an amazing truck and an awesome feeling driving it.
All of that to say, I feel what you are experiencing is normal. It I’m not a ford tech and I wouldn’t overlook it if you don’t feel good about it.