Obtaining Invoice Pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
truecar.com was pretty accurate on estimating invoice back when I ordered my 2011 a while back. I think edmunds.com even uses data from truecar.com. You mainly have to contact a lot of dealerships and be willing to possibly make a road trip to get a good deal. In the end, you also have to be willing to walk away if the deal isn't right.

SrBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer put invoice pricing in my hand for some strange reason...

Photo%20Jul%2007%2C%202%2033%2003%20PM.jpg

could you post both scans of these, it will really help me and probably others

bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting my '13 SCREW for invoice from an out of state dealer. Have to pay $500 to have it delivered to my local dealer, but still the best I've found by far.

brusso99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frank Vargas at Bell Ford in Phoenix took Amazing care of us.. They have a 2012 screw LOADED! right now..

ejlmoney

Reaction score
I am by no means an expert. But I'll share what I know.
There are generally couple of prices to account for when purchasing a new vehicle.

Invoice pricing is where the manufacturer prices the vehicle at "cost". Dealer cost is generally $1000 to $1500 less than the invoice number depending on the vehicle. This is sometimes called the "dealer hold back".

Obviously, MSRP is where the manufacturer and dealer would like to sell the vehicle.

Generally, you can negotiate better pricing on a vehicle sitting on the Lot the later in the model year that you wait. Dealers are pretty motivated to move current model year units in September/October/November as the upcoming model year is about to come to the Lot.

Of course, by waiting you may not have the all of options/color, etc on the vehicle that you want, but you might be able to get a better price.

Another option is to order the vehicle. By ordering you may be able to get pricing closer to invoice too. You'd also get the options and colors you want. There is less risk to the dealer that the vehicle will sit on the Lot and cost them money.

Lastly, regional demand is a factor too.
I just ordered a 2013 SCrew Raptor. This is the first Raptor my dealer has ever ordered. I was surprised when he told me that for 2012 the 40 dealerships that comprise his "Ford Dealer Group" only 2 Raptors were ordered by dealerships. So in my area the truck isn't that popular.
Based on this forum, that doesn't seem to be the case for the Southwest and California.

You are definitely making the right move by calling around and playing dealers off of one another. In my experience, this is the best way to obtain the best price for your vehicle.

Remember that all businesses need to make money. If you try to take all of the profit out of it, the dealership certainly won't do business with you.
I guesstimate that my dealer will make about $3k to $3.5k on my new Raptor purchase and my subsequent trade in. That's about 5% on $65k of iron. In my mind, that's completely acceptable.

Good luck!!

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Oh, I forgot to mention. I have the printout that Josh posted. I won't post the printout....but I am willing to post any of the numbers you request.

Let me know.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what do you all think about buying from a dealer that's 2 hours away from where you live? I know people on here have done it; what I'm thinking about is for warranty repairs, especially extended warranty/up-sells.

I'm in a small town that's 2 hours from where I thought I'd order my truck. And there is a Ford dealer here, who has had Raptors sitting on his lot that I've seen.

The other dealer had established a kind of relationship with me before and they seemed like upstanding folks that I'd like to do business with if possible.

ejlmoney

Reaction score
what do you all think about buying from a dealer that's 2 hours away from where you live? I know people on here have done it; what I'm thinking about is for warranty repairs, especially extended warranty/up-sells.

I'm in a small town that's 2 hours from where I thought I'd order my truck. And there is a Ford dealer here, who has had Raptors sitting on his lot that I've seen.

The other dealer had established a kind of relationship with me before and they seemed like upstanding folks that I'd like to do business with if possible.

You can take your truck to any Ford dealer for warranty work. You may not have the option of driving 2 hours depending on the issue.
You can always say "no" to the sell ups.

Personally, I'd play each dealer off of each other and see who will offer the best deal.
If they have Raptors sitting on the Lot they will likely be pretty motivated to move those units in the next couple of months. Currently, I know Ford is offering 2012 F150 incentives too. (not sure if the Raptor is included)

brusso99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finding a good deal was critical to my purchase, there is a ford dealer i can WALK to a few blocks away, San Tan Ford, man 5K over invoice on a 2011 that's still sitting there. because of this i waited a year, till i started emailing them all. still nothing! MSRP and MSRP plus. Finally I answered a craigslist ad for new raptors from Frank at Bell Ford in phoenix. while he was almost 50 miles from my place, he offered me a gas card to come down there, so hell. I was two seconds from buying a NO hassle tundra rock warrior for invoice at 0 percent. They saved us.. Great money on my trade, even better deal on the truck. JUST STICK to your price!