Obtaining a Carfax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobra2Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy everyone!
Long time Lurker - first time poster.

I am very close on locking in a local deal for a 2014 SCREW through an individual. I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to provide me a CARFAX report. My financial institution does not provide one even though the vehicle was purchased through them by the original owner. I want to make sure what he/she says is reflected in the report because receipts can not be procured empirically.

A PM would be great and we can work it from there.

Once (hopefully) the deal goes through I certainly look forward to posting my welcome statement and ready to dive right in. I did not see a way to "rep" posters on this board yet however, whatever I can do to show my thanks I will.

I will say right off the cuff here - the amount of support this forum shows for our military service men and women along with law enforcement officers are simply outstanding. As someone who hung up his stripes many years ago the support I see is a welcome one.

Thanks In advance!

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would try introducing yourself in the New Member section before asking for a handout. That's probably the reason why nobody has responded to your thread.

I personally would request the seller to provide one for me. I always ask the seller, whether a dealer or individual, for a copy.

nsdq3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a FYI, if you are military you can simply call your local base ACS (for Army, not sure what it is called for other services) give them the VIN and they will send you a carfax for free.

OP
OP
Cobra2Raptor

Cobra2Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Raptor911 - PM sent @nsdq3 - I did not know that; hopefully that bit of advice will help other military Raptor owners in the future via a search.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
carfax is clean:

2014-carfax.jpg

OP
OP
Cobra2Raptor

Cobra2Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol @ assumptions. My index funds make more than 40k a year. Troll elsewhere.

There are extenuating circumstances in place and I am simply covering my 6.

Good try in a flame post though.

So let me see if I have the picture clear, your looking to buy what is most assuredly a 40,000 plus vehicle and do not want to spend 30.00 on the carfax... Do not buy the truck you can not afford it...

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Many thanks Raptor911

- also this is the prospective owners subgroup no? Once/if the deal goes through I will be happy to join formally, introduce myself and participate in the discussions and occasional antics.