Not a way to start the day!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
aefd8636-a837-fdcd.jpg

After trying to talk the hospital and the general contractor to get new lights. Instead of the old 30lb fixtures with magnetic ballast. My suggestion was laughed off, and I was told to use the old heavy fixtures and make it work. After spending three hours hanging and rewiring the junk ass fixtures. I stopped for a late break and when I came back. The lightweight grid was sagging from the weight of the fixtures. Got the general contractor and showed him, and not 5 minutes later, the ceiling came down. Not only destroying the ceiling grid, the fixtures, and ceiling tiles. Luckily, no one was in there when it fell down. So now they are ordering new fixtures and replacing the ceiling. Freaking idiots!

-Greg

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, good thing no one was hurt.
Maybe next time they'll listen to what you have to say

-Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its the general contractor and the hospital trying to save money. Tripping over a dollar to save a penny.
Could have been prevented if the general contractor would have used heavy ceiling grid, and/or the hospital bought new/lighter fixtures. Now, both of them are spending more.
Gotta love healthcare, it is no wonder it costs so much.

-Greg

getpower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of that, and somehow in the end they are probably still going to try to blame you.

I hope you made enough of a stink about using those old fixtures that they remember what you said.

As for the ceiling falling...hey, job security, right.

Banned
Reaction score
All of that, and somehow in the end they are probably still going to try to blame you.

I hope you made enough of a stink about using those old fixtures that they remember what you said.

As for the ceiling falling...hey, job security, right.

I can guarantee they will try and blame him. "oh you put it on the wrong part if the ceiling"

That's what happens when you get people who don't know anything, calling the shots.

-Sent from my iPhone

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GJM, its funny to see the dfferences in construction in MO compaired to CA. In a t-bar ceiling like that we have so many hanger wires its crazy, plus compression posts. Also you couldnt hang those lights from the t-grid without anchoring them back to the structure above. Got to love california earthquakes and the CBC..

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
GJM, its funny to see the dfferences in construction in MO compaired to CA. In a t-bar ceiling like that we have so many hanger wires its crazy, plus compression posts. Also you couldnt hang those lights from the t-grid without anchoring them back to the structure above. Got to love california earthquakes and the CBC..

Oh yeah I know.. Its funny, most of the time its down right scary! I hate hanging fixtures from the grid like that. There is no way to independantly support the fixure with those stupid t-bar hangers. I wish they would follow CBC, there would be a lot more conduit than rat rope! It will change once new madrid starts quaking.

-Greg

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Luck with it my friend....at least you get to install new stuff now. Maybe they will get some drop ins so you wont have to screw with trying to mount to the track.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc