Who wants to go on one of the most dangerous roads in Utah with me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lol but really though shafer isn’t that crazy. This one was worse. The national park service maintains shafer trail so it’s not going to be dangerous. Both are pretty cool and the switchbacks are tight but mineral bottom trail beats shafer by a ton. I’ve done both trails twice!
I know. I've been down them both. Only dangerous if wet and slippery.

OP
OP
ACE

ACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s the whole trail! It’s pretty cool after you pass the switchbacks since it’s right on the river!
F-150 Raptors Traverse Mineral Bottom Trail

Morrisabm

Reaction score
Yep I’ll tell ya Mineral Bottom is a beat down in wet weather. Went up it last March after a snow/ice/rain storm. Never again in that weather….oh and FYI, the trail will bite back.

Attachments

• IMG_8047.jpeg
    IMG_8047.jpeg
    287.1 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
ACE

ACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep I’ll tell ya Mineral Bottom is a beat down in wet weather. Went up it last March after a snow/ice/rain storm. Never again in that weather….oh and FYI, the trail will bite back.
Wow thanks for sharing! I’m glad I never ran into rain or snow when I was out there. Seems like everyone agrees that it’s treacherous when conditions are not dry.

Morrisabm

Reaction score
Whether one is more dangerous I do not know. Mineral Bottom was open that day but schaffers was closed due to snow and ice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter