I wanted a tri-fold tonneau cover, but I didn't want to pay 2k for it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today, I was out picking up my truck after getting the transmission serviced, waiting for my wife to get out of the damn dollar tree, and I was thinking about how my nice new spray in liner was going to eventually fade, so I decided to look at some tri-fold covers.

I was sticker shocked to death at the price these things are going for now, so I went to Amazon and found this one:

It was a Tri-fold, non-low profile, and it had some mixed reviews, but mostly good.
It was listed for 461.13 and had an available $40 dollar coupon. Not too bad, maybe worth a shot?
But, knowing that I have been burned by not shopping around, I tossed up the part number into the ol Google (TTC-HARD-001), and came up with a walmart listing, for $319.91

Taxes and free shipping brought the OTD price to 346.30, which falls right under my $350 limit for "why the hell not, ill give it a shot" budget.
Going to see how well the chinese make a tri-fold I guess...

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Good luck with it. Couple of things I didn't like about the video on Amazon.

1) Plastic clips that attach it to the truck.
2) It only attaches at the front and rear.
c) I would be very wary of the clips breaking and the whole thing flying off into the roadway.

I hope it works out for you though. If it doesn't, there are vendors on here that can get you hooked up with a quality cover for far less than 2K. Most likely less than $1,000.

OP
OP
jackjare9455

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The BakFlip covers are just over 1K not 2K and are a good cover. I've had my F1 for over 12 years and it has held up very well. Not sure what year your truck is so I priced it out for a 2013. https://bakindustries.com/bakflip-f1/2013/ford/f-150
It’s one of those situations where I wanted to be able to keep things covered, but didn’t want to spend too much since I have other priorities on the truck I’d rather put that money into.

If I don’t like it, I’ll probably just add that BakFlip to my list… rough country had a similar product for around 700 that looks similar, may look into that as well.

OP
OP
jackjare9455

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with it. Couple of things I didn't like about the video on Amazon.

1) Plastic clips that attach it to the truck.
2) It only attaches at the front and rear.
c) I would be very wary of the clips breaking and the whole thing flying off into the roadway.

I hope it works out for you though. If it doesn't, there are vendors on here that can get you hooked up with a quality cover for far less than 2K. Most likely less than $1,000.

Yeah, I figured I would look at the hardware when it got here to see if I could modify it any…

Also, if it looks like it’s going to be ass, I’ll just send it back.

It was just in my budget for at least giving it a shot.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The BakFlip covers are just over 1K not 2K and are a good cover. I've had my F1 for over 12 years and it has held up very well. Not sure what year your truck is so I priced it out for a 2013. https://bakindustries.com/bakflip-f1/2013/ford/f-150

Backflip covers blow those things are NOT weather tight- they leak into bed, the drain tubes grow mold/mildew & stink, the rubber weather stripping in between the panels delaminated on mine also. They suck for long term.

Last edited: