I wanted a tri-fold tonneau cover, but I didn't want to pay 2k for it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Backflip covers blow those things are NOT weather tight- the leak into bed, the drain tubes grow mold/mildew & stink, the rubber weather stripping i between the panels delaminated on mine also. They suck for long term.
Mine has been on for 12 years and I have not had any issues you have stated.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today, I was out picking up my truck after getting the transmission serviced, waiting for my wife to get out of the damn dollar tree, and I was thinking about how my nice new spray in liner was going to eventually fade, so I decided to look at some tri-fold covers.

I was sticker shocked to death at the price these things are going for now, so I went to Amazon and found this one:

It was a Tri-fold, non-low profile, and it had some mixed reviews, but mostly good.
It was listed for 461.13 and had an available $40 dollar coupon. Not too bad, maybe worth a shot?
But, knowing that I have been burned by not shopping around, I tossed up the part number into the ol Google (TTC-HARD-001), and came up with a walmart listing, for $319.91

Taxes and free shipping brought the OTD price to 346.30, which falls right under my $350 limit for "why the hell not, ill give it a shot" budget.
Going to see how well the chinese make a tri-fold I guess...
I have a rough country tri fold, zero issues and no where near even 1k. I had it installed on my f150 2012 coyote 5.0. Moved it to my 2014 raptor myself. I've had it since 2019 and have had 0 issues or complaints.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine has been on for 12 years and I have not had any issues you have stated.
Well I dunno but that could make sense if they were higher quality 12 years ago & since went downhill outsourcing or something. I had one on my 2015 GMC that had all the issues I mentioned after about 2-3 years then I got a gator brand one that was near identical design & that one I only had 1.5 years on the truck b/c it got totaled (hit a deer) but that cover leaked, didn’t matter what I did it leaked every heavy rainfall or car wash & im not talking a little bit of water

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got Rugged Cover from Rugged Liner on my ‘19. It’s a tri-fold over the bed rails and it is very dry. Live in Florida’s Panhandle and it rains hard and a lot here. Also had the same cover on my ‘13 that my daughter is still driving. Have replaced the front seal on her one time since May of ‘13 and it’s still stays dry inside. It’s a double layer, double seals at the joints and fairly easy to install.

OP
OP
jackjare9455

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rough country was my next choice, but this cover finally came in and a buddy and I tossed it on… honestly, for $350… it’s not bad! Not near as multifunction as the higher end models, but for what I needed it for, I think it will work, for now.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rough country was my next choice, but this cover finally came in and a buddy and I tossed it on… honestly, for $350… it’s not bad! Not near as multifunction as the higher end models, but for what I needed it for, I think it will work, for now.
Pictures or it ain't on the truck ..let us see lol

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the Advantage Hard Hat on @Badgertits advice. It's everything I wanted. Secure, watertight, easy to remove, no rails/tracks, and fairly inexpensive, like $500.

Looks like it's called Tonnopro now. Don't know if the quality is still there. Could ask at Realtruck, that's where I got mine.